Chapter Twenty: Adjustments

"Daddy," Aira pouted. "Are you sure you don't want to stay here with us?"

It had been almost a week since  Garmadon's and Morro's return. They hadn't seen any sign of Alita and her cronies.

"I'm sure," Morro said. "I won't be far. Besides I think I make the ninja uncomfortable. I don't blame them."

"But-"

"You stay here and be the ninja I never was," Morro said kissing her forehead.

"Alright on one condition," she said.

"What's that?"

"You visit at least once every week," she said crossing her arms.

"I think that can be arranged," Morro said laughing. "And if I don't visit that means something happened to me. That way you will know to come rescue me."

Aira laughed and waved goodbye as Morro departed. She had only really known her dad a week but she already loved him like family. She had also come to know why Lloyd looked up to his dad so much.

"Hey," Lloyd said nudging her arm, "ready for that riding lesson?"

"You betcha!" She said. "I get to actually drive this time right?"

"Just don't get us killed," Lloyd said nervously.

"I remember saying that to you when we taught you," Zane said walking by.

"Lloyd, why do they keep referring to your childhood? How old are they?" Aira asked.

"I think the proper question is, 'how young are you?'" Garmadon said walking by.

"Dad!" Lloyd said annoyed.

"Well, how young are you?" Aira asked. Lloyd looked to be in his early twenties. She couldn't imagine him being any younger.

"I'm-uh-" Lloyd stuttered. "I'm fourteen."

"You're what?!"

"But I'm biologically twenty-two," he said raising his hands. "But chronologically fourteen. "

"Explanation, now," Aira said tapping her foot.

"When I was ten my dad- who was Lord Garmadon at the time- used the Mega Weapon to bring back a long dead Grundle to destroy the ninja," Lloyd started.

"Hold up," Aira said lifting a hand. She looked around Lloyd at Garmadon and he nodded.

"Great Devourer bite," he explained. "Turned me evil to the core."

"Uh-ok," she said. "So this was like four years ago?"

"Yes," Lloyd said. "He inadvertently turned Jay, Zane, Kai, and Cole into kids."

"Zane is a nindroid," Aira said. "How-"

"Don't know," Lloyd shrugged. "Well, we ran into problems and Yada Yada Yada. The only way to defeat the Grundle was using this time tea thing. I forget what it's called. I had to use it against the Grundle and it aged me eight years."

"Wow," she said. "You don't act fourteen."

"My brain isn't fourteen still, silly," he laughed.

"Well, your twenty-two in my book," she said. "Let's go ride!"

Garmadon watched this interaction with amusement. It was almost as if Lloyd didn't want her to know his age. He walked towards the tea shop and found Misako there.

"Misako, has Lloyd been acting strange lately?"

"No stranger than usual," she shrugged. "Why?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "He seems to really like that Aira girl."

"Ah ha," Misako laughed. "He is all grown up, Garmadon."

"I know," he said. "That's what worries me."

"If he has developed feelings for Aira," Misako said. "It's nothing to worry about."

"Oh, I'm not worried about that," Garmadon said waiving his hand. "Just ignore me. I have no idea what I'm worrying about."

"Fine," Misako winked. "I'll ignore you."

"Hopefully not too much."

*********************************

"Ah!"

"Lloyd," Aira yelled. "Shut up! It is not that bad."

"This is scarier than Cole's cooking," Lloyd groaned.

"Oh c'mon! Nothing is scarier than that!"

"This is," this reply earned a slap from Aira. She zoomed through the crevice to Lloyd's secret sanctuary and landed roughly.

Lloyd rolled dramatically off the dragon and onto the ground. Aira giggled and the dragon disappeared. She landed softly next to him and laid down.

"I'm alive," he said trying not to laugh.

"Isn't a teacher supposed to encourage his student?" Aira laughed.

"I'm just teaching you," he said. "I'm not a teacher per say."

"I think you don't give yourself enough credit," she said scooting closer.

Lloyd just shrugged and changed the subject, "how are you and your dad getting along."

"Great," she said smiling. "It's taking some adjustment but I'm getting used to the idea of having a dad."

"Good," he said smiling. "I'm glad."

"I'm happy for you too," Aira said sitting up. "Your dad is back."

Lloyd sat up and smiled, "it's great to have my dad back."

"Yet," Aira said raising an eyebrow. "Something is still bothering you."

"What makes you say that?" Lloyd asked nervously.

"I dunno," she said feigning thoughtfulness, "the stuttering, the blushing, your annoyed expression when Ronin talks to me."

"I-uh- well ya see- uh," he stammered.

"Point proven," she said. She didn't know what she was getting herself into but she decided to roll with it. She edged closer and he began to blush. "And ya know what I think?"

"W-what?" Aira scooted even closer and ran a finger along his jaw.

"I think you need to relax," she said softly, putting her face just a few inches from his.

Keep breathing. Keep breathing, Lloyd thought to himself. Okay he really liked her. And she was making it obvious that she liked him. What the hell! I'm rolling with it!

To Aira's shock and surprise, Lloyd closed the gap suddenly and kissed her. She flailed her arms for a second and then relaxed into the kiss. She hadn't ever kissed anyone before. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. It was the most amazing thing she had ever experienced.

She soon had to pull back for air. Lloyd looked surprised at himself and it made her laugh.

"Gosh," she said breathlessly. "You're adorable!"

"And you're gorgeous," he said smiling. He couldn't believe that he just said that, but what the heck!

"I never took the great Lloyd Garmadon to be so forward," she said smiling. Lloyd couldn't believe that he had just done that, but what the heck.

He tilted her chin upward and looked into her eyes,
"I've had feelings for you since that first day in the tea shop."

"Same here," she said planting another kiss on his lips. "My dad would be so mad if he found out about this."

"Who says he has to know?"

"Sneaky," she said winking.

"I did go to Darkly's after all," he said smirking.

"You what?!"

Next: Chapter Twenty-One: Ugh It's Chen

A/n- I got fuzzies writing this chapter. Some may find it sudden but I don't like drawing out people telling their feeling for each other. So here ya go! Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17