Chapter Twenty-One: Ugh. It's Chen

Kai had been trying to figure out why Lloyd was in such a good mood all evening. Lloyd had just said he was happy his dad was back but Kai wasn't so sure. Finally when they were getting ready for bed, he asked him.

"Okay, Lloyd," Kai said closing the door. "Spill it."

"Spill what?" Lloyd asked grabbing one of his comic books for cover.

"Something happened and I want to know what," Kai said tapping his foot.

"Oh ya," Lloyd smiled innocently. "Fritz defeated the aliens in the recent issue."

"Lloyd!"

"What?"

"You are insufferable sometimes," Kai said throwing his hands in the air.

"I have no idea what your talking about," Lloyd said purposefully looking at his comic.

"Lloyd?" Garmadon said sticking his head in.

"Ya, Dad?" Lloyd said putting his comic down.

"I was about to put your GI in the wash and then I noticed something on your face mask," he said.

"What?" Lloyd asked confused.

"Either you have started wearing lipstick or you were very close to someone who was," Garmadon said trying not to laugh.

"Ugh!" Lloyd yelled walking past him. Kai burst out laughing and so did Garmadon. "You guys are so mean!"

"What have they done this time?" Zane asked.

Lloyd didn't answer but just muttered to himself as he walked by. By now most of the guys were sticking there heads out of their rooms. Even Aira had stuck her head out.

"Lloyd? What did you do?" Aira asked raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't do anything," he said. "My dad on the other hand."

"Hey," Garmadon laughed. "I'm just pointing out the obvious.

"Ya, Lloyd," Kai said still laughing. "Whose lipstick is on your GI huh?"

At this Aira went beet red and Lloyd even had to laugh.

"Lloyd, let me borrow his mask," she lied.

"Awe," Cole said in a huff. "I thought it was gonna be more interesting."

They all began to laugh. They had all just calmed down when there came a furious knocking at the door.

"Who could that be?" Garmadon asked turning serious.

Zane was nearest the staircase so he hurried down and opened the door to reveal a very frantic Skylor.

"Skylor," Zane asked, "what is wrong?"

"He's back!" She said tears streaming down her face.

"Skylor?" Kai came running. "Whose back?"

"My dad!" She rushed over to Kai and he wrapped protective arms around her.

"We've dealt with him once," Cole said. "We can do it again."

"Except he has new allies," Garmadon said worriedly.

"Did he come to the noodle shop?" Jay asked.

"Yes," she said. "He tried to talk me into joining his great plan. I told him to go and- er- um this isn't exactly good to say in mixed company."

"Ew," Lloyd said sticking his tongue out. "But did he have anyone else with him?"

"No."

"Hmmmmm," Kai said thoughtfully. "You can stay here for now."