One

It was supposed to be a normal day in Amber Beach but things were about to change. I was hiking up in the mountains when I heard someone scream, then a roar. I took my hiking boots off and left them at the beginning of the next trail I was going begin hiking. I quickly tie my hidden blades to my forearms, then I stand up.

The screams resonate through the forest again, more painful than before. I grit my teeth, lock my jaw and take off running. My feet pounded the forest floor, but my heart rate stayed the same. The screams got louder and louder, so I run faster.

I reach a clearing and I nearly collapse at the sight. My younger sister is surrounded by monsters of different designs and shapes. My sister screams again and the monsters laugh at her. I feel my blood start to boil, red clouds my vision.

"Get away from her," I scream.

"Tayra, get out of here," My sister, Xenia, shouts back. I feel rage take over, red still clouding the edges of my vision field. Xenia dives away from a monster, while I run forward.

I unsheathe my hidden blades, a bewildered look on my face. I counted each monster surrounding Xenia and me, fifteen in all. I hiss, making the monsters laugh again.

"Sissy, run," Xenia says, scared.

I hiss again, then I see an opportunity to get my sister. I remember the rope around my torso, which I know I have to work fast with. Xenia sees the hell bent, determination in my eyes as I hand her the rope. I give her a boost and she's up in the trees with the rope as her security device and a weapon.

I growl again, but the monsters just laugh.  A monster decides to kick me in my in the bend of my right knee. I grunt, but I don't fall.

Why is my vision still red tinted, I think to myself as I take down five monsters with the help of my sister. Five more monsters run off scared, while the remaining five take up fighting stances. Each of the five remaining monsters hiss or growl, but they stop when a lion-humanoid thing shows up.

Vision field edges still tinted red, I growl in my head. The lion-humanoid laughs, then he kicks me in the stomach which sends me flying backwards.  Xenia jumps down in front of me, but I can barely see her because of my tinted vision.

"Dino Charger, ready," Xenia suddenly shouts, then she begins to shout again, but Lion-humanoid silences her. Something flies from her left hand and I scoop it up before Lion-humanoid can touch it. I stand up, unsteady at first, then I recall what my sister has shouted a lot before.

"Dino Charger, ready! Unleash the power!". A bright flash momentarily blinds me, but then I can see clearly now through a blackened visor. I feel a new found power course through my veins. I snarl, scaring the other five monsters off.

"We will meet again, Ranger," Lion-humanoid hisses, then he vanished.

I see Xenia struggling to breathe, which scares me. I run over to her, but I'm too late as she takes her final breath and says," Tayra Lynn, keep that energem you have now safe. Fury and Sledge will be seeking it.".

"Xenia, please! I don't want to live a life without my youngest sister.".

"Goodbye, Tay Tay," she says, then she closes her eyes for good. I place what she called an energem into my front left pocket with my phone, then I cradle her upper body in my arms.

I let a tear slip from my left eye, crying for my sister, crying for my family and for the revenge I will have on the monsters that hurt my sister.

One Riot, One Rangerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें