Six

~Chase's POV~
Tayra explained how she has the Lunar Caller, why she became the Lunar Wolf Ranger and why she knows so much about Angel Grove, Turtle Grove and Reefside. Tyler nods, then he asks about the Animarium to which Tayra says she can't talk about because of the oath.  Everyone nods, then Kendal sends us back up to the café for the remainder of the day.

~The Next Day~
Before I head up to the café to start the work day I hear music and singing coming from an area of the base.

"Tranquil as a forest, but on fire within. Once you find your center. You are sure to win. You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot and you haven't got a clue. Somehow I'll make a man out of you.".

Then I hear, "Be a man, you must be swift as a coursing river. Be a man, with all the force of a great typhoon. Be a man, with all the strength of a raging fire. Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.".

I follow the sound of the music, wondering what Kendal is doing. When I reach the also newly installed gym,  I see Tayra and Shelby.

Shelby lunges at Tayra, but Tayra sidesteps and flips Shelby over her back. Tayra cartwheels forward, causing Shelby to back up.  Shelby lands two kicks to Tayra's left shoulder and collarbone.

"Use your anger to your advantage, Shel, lives are on the line," I hear Tayra say, then Shelby responds by planting a roundhouse kick to the right side of Tayra's head.

"Good, Shel, keep it up," Tayra encourages.

Shelby nods, retaking her original fighting stance.

"Try to take me down with a kick or upper cut. Pretend I've hurt Tyler," Tayra says, taking up the same stance as Shelby.

Shelby growls, then she lunges at Tayra again.  Tayra narrowly sidesteps, then Shelby turns to face Tayra again. I see that they have some pillows and mattresses around them, then Shelby rushes Tayra again.

Tayra drops to the floor, lying on her back. When Shelby gets in range of Tayra, Tayra monkey flips Shelby over her, then Tayra is sitting on top of Shelby pinning Shelby's wrists to the floor.

"You did good, Shel, we'll work on some more later.".

"Okay, Tayra. I'm going to go up to the café to work.".

"Tell Chase he has the day off," Tayra says, helping Shelby up.

"I think he already knows," Shelby says pointing to me. 

"I have the day off?".

"I arranged it with Kendal, so I could teach each of you the fighting styles of the Wild Force, Mighty Morphing and Dino Thunder teams," Tayra says, using a towel to wipe sweat off the back of her neck.

"What makes you think you can teach me in a day," I honestly say.

"Chase, no one can get a 630 on their 11th grade Social Studies SOL, without practice," she says, making me remember that test.

I nod, then I smirk.

"I'm heading to the café before Kendal gets mad," Shelby says, then she adds,"Send Tyler, Riley and Koda down here later?".

Tayra nods, then she messes with a CD player. I look at her confused and Shelby finally leaves.

"Okay so what was that song you and Shelby were listening to," I ask.

"It's called 'I'll make a man out of you' and it's from the Disney movie 'Mulan'.".

I snicker, then Tayra gives me a serious look. I put my hands up in surrender.

I'm glad I decided to wear cargo shorts, I think to myself as I notice Tayra's attire.

She's wearing a yellow tank top, blue, black and white shorts and she's barefoot. Her shoulder length auburn hair is up in a messy bun as well.

She pops her neck, shoulders, wrists, fingers and elbows.

"Come at me, Chase," she says as the song she played earlier begins again.  I take up a fighting stance and I smirk to myself.

I lunge at Tayra, but she stops me short with a knee to my stomach. I hiss, then Tayra flips me over her left shoulder like she did Shelby. I groan as my back smacks against the mat, but I don't give up. Tayra kicks me in my left shoulder, then she sweeps my feet out from under me. She smirks as she gets ready to pin me, but I get an idea.

When Tayra is five feet from me, I use the move that she used to pin Shelby. Once Tayra is laying face down on the mat, I use my left knee to pin her.

"Dang, Chase, I forgot you were better at sparring than me, " she says as I help her up.

"Sorry if I hurt you, " I tell her as she pops her back.

"Dude, I'm not hurt, but you are," she says pointing to my left forearm.

Tayra managed to put a bruise on my arm while sparring. She smiles and I smirk again.

Soon everyone, even Kendal went through Tayra's training and were exhausted.

Suddenly Kendal's sensors detect alien life forms downtown.

These monsters don't know what they're in for.