Twenty Nine

|Chase's POV|

Tayra hid in a corner of the base, her eyes closed and muttering 'He can't get me' over and over.  Tyler looks at each of us and calmly nods. I walk over to Tayra as slow as I can, but quick enough to show her that I was concerned. She backs away trying to hide under Kendal's desk and she's shaking like a leaf.

"Tay, what's wrong," I ask as I crouch down.

Tayra continues shaking as she tries to make herself smaller for some reason.

She's never been like this,  I think to myself as Tayra starts silently crying.

"Hey, c'mon, Tay. You have nothing to fear," I say, holding my right hand out for her to take.

When she doesn't I remember that Shawn Mendes song I heard on her phone while she was practicing at the arena.

"Got a feeling that I'm going under, but I know that I'll make it out alive . If I quit calling you my lover, move on. You watch me bleed until I can't breathe. Shaking, falling onto my knees and now that I'm without your kisses. I'll be needing stitches. Tripping over myself. Aching, begging you to come help and now that I'm without your kisses. I'll be needing stitches," I begin singing as I take Tayra by her left hand.

She blinks, but she comes out and bear hugs me.

I hug her back as she buries her face in my shirt. I nod to Tyler as he looks at everyone.

I help Tayra over to a cot and as soon as she sits down everyone comes near us.

"Tay, what's wrong," I ask again.

Tayra begins telling us about the nightmare that woke her up. She told us about how she was the only one ot escape with all eight energems and was attacked by Fury in the woods. She also told us that Ivan, Anna, Riley, Tyler, Shelby, Koda and myself were captured by Fury and that when she fought Fury he hurt her the same way he hurt Xenia.

I nodded, but I felt there was something she wasn't telling me.

"It was just a stupid nightmare, probably doesn't mean a thing," Tayra says as she stood up and stretched.

"Why would it mean nothing, Lady Tayra," Ivan asks.

"Sometimes dreams mean something and sometimes they don't," Tayra responds.

Once eveyone questioned  Tayra, Kendal ordered everyone to get some sleep. Tyler, Anna and Riley easily fell back asleep while Shelby, Koda and Ivan also easily fell back asleep. Only Tayra, Kendal and myself stayed awake.

Every time Tayra's eyes closed and her head dipped, she'd jerk awake and blink. Kendal began to run some more scans on Tayra while I just watched her.

There's something she's not tell me,  I keep thinking as I watch Tayra repeat the same close eyes and jerk awake behaviour a few more times.

"Chase, can you come here," Kendal asks as one of the computers makes a noise.

I walk away from Tayra and over to Kendal.

"What's wrong," I whisper.

"Tayra's blood line dates back to the late 1500s," Kendal says.

"So?".

"So?!? Because I believe I know why her vision tints red," Kendal hisses as she sees Tayra doze off.

"Okay, why," I ask.

"She is the literal meaning of 'Spirit Animal', because she has the spirit animal of the wolf. The Lunar wolf power and Achillobator power is merging," Kendal says.

"How," I ask.

"It's because of whoever her father is I assume," Kendal says as Tayra starts having another nightmare.

I rush over to her as she bolts up again and as tears begin falling from her eyes.

"Easy, Tayra," I say as she hugs me again.

"I have to tell you something," she says as she pulls her knees to her chest, allowing me to sit beside her.

"What do you need to tell me," I ask her, already thinking it's related to the information Kendal just told me.

"I th-think the energem and Lunar Wolf are merging together," She says without looking me in the eyes.

"And you have the spirit of the wolf," I say.

Tayra nods, then she lays her head on my right shoulder.

"Chase, I don't want to lose any of you. I don't want to lose my brothers and I don't want to lose what family I have left," Tayra says.

"I won't let anything happen, Tayra, you have my word," I tell her as she dozes off again.

What's going to happen to  all of us if we can't work together?