Seventeen

<Riley's POV>
When I saw Tayra and Chase's pale faces I think my mind did a back flip. Chase has never been this sick before nor has any other ranger.

The way Tayra was cuddled up to Chase has me a little concerned as well.

"Why are you two here and not at a hospital," Tyler asks as he paces back and forth.

'No hospitals,' Tayra mutters.

"Is Tayra okay," Koda asks.

Shelby hands Chase a can of Baja Blast, then she sits back on her heels. Tayra curls up again, whispering to herself over and over again.

Chase massages Tayra's right shoulder, trying to soothe her. Tayra's been through a lot more than any other Ranger on this team. She's lost her baby sister, she almost lost Nick and Hunter and she's lost Blake.

I cannot allow her to lose anyone else, I think as I watch how Chase interacts with Tayra, how he looks at her as an equal.

~Tyler's POV~
Chase and Tayra looked awful, Chase more than Tayra though. His eyes looked glazed over and he looks like he's been through hell and back.

Chase closed his eyes and deeply breathed. Tayra shifted in her sleep, her hair a mess.

Koda stared at the expansive collections of movies and tv shows that were neatly stacked and in alphabetical order.

"Chase, why did you follow Tayra," Riley asks, waiting on his answer.

"Because I like her," Chase mumbles.

Shelby puts her hands over her mouth, trying to muffle a giggle. Riley's jaw drops and Koda just stares at the DVD wall.

"You like Tayra," Shelby asks, a hint of anger lacing her voice.

'Don't be angry, Shel,' Tayra mutters.

Chase smirks as he runs his right hand through Tayra's hair. Shelby groaned as she took a seat opposite Chase. Riley and Koda take a seat in two pink beanbag chairs while I continue to stand.

"So how are we supposed to get these two back to Amber Beach," Shelby asks.

Chase barely shrugged, but then he said."All of us will rest tonight and head back tomorrow. That's unless anyone has any objections.".

Riley, Shelby and Koda stand up, not in a rude way, but in a way that says 'We have to work tomorrow, Tyler will bring you back tomorrow. Hopefully no monsters will attack until we're back'.

I nod, getting the point that I'm the leader and I have to watch out for my followers.

~Next Morning~
Tayra and Chase were slow getting ready, but they both had everything they had brought with them.

Chase and Tayra both sat in the back seat and slept the whole way back to Amber Beach. Tayra was wearing Chase's hoodie he normally wears and she was also wearing his hat.

I smile to myself, thinking I new that these two were going to end up together sooner or later.

What can possibly happen?