Getting Ready

I sat down next to Elrohir, who handed my plate of lunch to me. Today was salad, one of my favourite meals.
"Did you hear that we are going to Mirkwood?" Arwen asked. I nodded excitedly.
"Ada said I have to get a new dress." Arwen smiled.
"I know. He already told me." During the course of lunch, the four of us talked about the up coming event. We were all really excited. None of us had been to Mirkwood.
After lunch we all headed off in different directions. Elrohir was going riding, Arwen was packing and Elladan was going to the weapons shop. I head towards to the dressing room to choose the colour and fitting of my dress.
Aranel, my handmaiden was waiting with some other elves for me. At once different kinds of colours and materials were laid out in front of me. After much talking and turning of minds, I finally decide on the night blue dress with matching silver headpiece. It wasn't very elvish but I loved it. I could put my little dagger in the pocket. ~See dress in media section~
Then I walked to a small room, where I would take my lessons. After an hour of getting my mind bored to death, I was finale allowed to leave the room. The sun was setting. I ran to my favourite place in the whole of Middle Earth. To the room of the palace. I quickly tucked in my long pale green dress into my golden belt which left my legs bare. I quickly and easily climbed up the ladder and onto the room. Elrohir was already waiting for me. I had a secret with each of my siblings and this was my secret with Elrohir. The sun was slowly vanishing behind the distance mountains. I sat down next to Elrohir. The wind gently blew our brown hair and the sun changed our skin and clothes into a pinky-gold colour.  This was the magical time to me and to Elrohir.
"How was your lesson?" I sighed and watched the sun change the colour on my hand.
"It was okay. I still don't like them." He smiled and replied
"When I was younger, I also had lessons like yours. I hated them but I can see that they have helped me to be a better lord." I smiled and turned back the setting sun. The water and palace shone brightly of pink, orange and gold. I loved to watch the water sparkle. Then the magic vanished. The sun was gone and now the wind was cold. Elrohir got to his feet and helped me up.
"So ends another day." I said. Elrohir and I climbed back down the ladder. Then I quickly untucked my dress and straighten it out.
"Time for dinner.' Elrohir said happily. I smiled and took his arm.

Everyone was sitting at the table when we walked in.
"Late as usually." Father commented. I was about to defend myself when Elrohir pulled out my chair, helped me in while saying
"We were just enjoying the sun set Ada. My apologies.' I muttered an apology and a serpent placed a plate in front of me. I was surprised to see chicken on the plate, as we usually don't eat meat. Chicken and boiled veggies. Once Father had taken his first bite, we were aloud to start. Most of the time Father would make us wait and wait but tonight his thoughts seemed else where. After we where finished with dinner, the servants brought out berries and cream. Finale I could bare it no more. Both Elladan and I asked at the same time
"Ada is something wrong?' Then we looked at each other and gave a quick smile, father looked up from his plate and replied
"I can not come to Mirkwood. But you must go. All four of you." I placed my spoon down and pushed away my half eaten berries.
"Why Father?" He was stirring his berries around. Father was not one to play with food.
"Something important had come up." By the tone in his voice that was the end of the conversation. I pushed myself away from the table and said gently
"If you will excuse me, I have packing to do.' Father nodded, not really listening to me. I walked slowly back to my room.
Once I got there, all my things where packed. As I was checking over the stuff, I found that my daggers where not packed and that I had missed my fighting lesson. I picked up the daggers and placed in the bag. Then I grabbed the map and lay on my bed. I studied that map until the moon was high in the sky and everyone had fallen asleep.