1~ Waiting For Superman

"CLASSY!"

Clarissa Sinclare's bedroom door blew open with no more then the shout as an advanced warning, giving her enough time to turn her back to the door before a young man hurled himself into the room and she let out a scream.

"ADAM! Get out you idiot!" she roared, grabbing her towel, reaching for one of the pillows on her bed and hurling it at him, catching him square in the face and knocking him backwards.

"Fast pillow! Straight down the middle! A perfect pitch from our pitcher!" came someone's shout from out in the living room and Carissa slammed the door closed.

"Classy, listen!" Adam shouted through the door, knocking and knocking, completely disregarding the fact that he had just walked in on his completely-naked-childhood-friend.

"Have you no shame!" Clarissa snarled as she grabbed underwear.

"Ah, it's not like I haven't seen it all before."

"I'm going to tell Charlotte you said that."

"I'll behave, please don't tell Charlotte I said that. But listen!"

"What?!" she shouted once she'd pulled on a long top, wrenching open the door to find Adam sat at the threshold, fist still raised to hammer on it.

"We have a new neighbour."

Clarissa instantly sat down on the floor in front of him, crossing her legs. "Do tell."

Adam grinned, leaning forwards. "I hear he arrives at lunch, my sources tell me he's single, I would assume he attends our uni and he knows the owner."

"Do we have a name?"

"Not yet, not a first name at least. O'Catháin is the last name. I hear he's hot."

"Oh how fun," Clarissa said as they grabbed each other's hands and squealed. "We must be good neighbours and welcome him with open arms."

"But that doesn't mean open legs," Adam said and Clarissa smacked him over the head.

"Show some shame!" she shouted, flushing, just as Jason - who had been in the kitchen until then - crouched down beside Adam, looking at them.

"I get you're excited about the new guy, but should you really be sitting in the doorway?"

The pair stood up and abandoned the doorway of the bedroom for the comfort of the sofas in the living room the bedrooms branched off.

There were two bedrooms in the open-plan apartment and neither of the men in the room lived in them. Both of them were on the floor above - though Adam practically lived in Clarissa's apartment because his girlfriend Charlotte also lived there - yes, girlfriend.

"So where is he moving?" Clarissa asked as they dropped onto the sofa - Miffy The Cat hopping up onto her lap and curling up.

"Floor above," Adam said.

"No, I heard it was the floor below," Jason said, walking into the kitchen - which blended into the living - to finish making his coffee.

"What? No, I'm sure the owner said floor above," Adam said.

"You can be wrong about gossip every now and then, you know."

"I'm never wrong."

"I think you're both wrong, because I heard it was this floor," Charlotte said as she opened the door to her room and walked out, yawning. "And why are you two here so early?"

"Because I love to see you in the morning," Adam said with a sunshine grin over his shoulder and his girlfriend gave him a look that told him to die.