28 ~ Am I pretty

Clarissa got home without falling to pieces and, instead of going to her flat; she bypassed her door and went straight to Damien's.

She was spiting Brett.

She knew what she was doing and knew that it wasn't a clever thing to do but God that man! His unbelievable attitude! The way he thought! The things he said! Drunk? That wasn't an excuse!

Damien's door was open even though he wasn't in. She assumed he had just popped over to one of his brothers' seeing as he wasn't that careless. Well she'd mind the flat while he was out (that meant it wasn't plain trespassing).

Marching into the living room, she went straight to the sofa, dropped her bag, kicked off her shoes and face planted into the sofa.

A moment later, Deacon pushed his nose into her face and she groaned at him. He left, then came back, Mr. Fluffkin's in tow. Both of them hopped up onto the sofa with her and she was instantly flattened as they both used her as a mattress.

"Ok," she choked out, "You two follow after your owner a tad too much. And you're just as heavy."

The dogs didn't move and she couldn't be bothered to shift them. She could breath, that was the main thing, and they were warm.

She knew she'd fallen asleep when she woke up to the sound of counting. She knew what it was as soon as she was awake enough to remember why she was being flattened. Damien was back and he was either doing sit-ups or push-ups or something that was part of a workout.

She shifted around and Deacon moved, making her cough as he stood on her back.

"You awake?" Damien asked from somewhere behind the sofa.

"Yeah, though I may fall unconscious from lack of air at some point," Clarissa replied.

"You two, shift it," Damien said and the two dogs bounced off Clarissa making her groan before she clambered to her hands and knees and looked over the back of the sofa.

Damien was doing push-ups, as she had expected. Shirt off, muscles rippling under shining skin, his hair tied back in a knot at the back of his head.

Stumbling from the sofa, Clarissa dragged herself into the kitchen to get a drink then walked over and sat down in front of him, crossing her legs as she watched him.

"Can I help you?" Damien asked without looking up, a smirk in his tone.

"No no, just enjoying the view," Clarissa replied, watching his biceps bulge with strength.

"Uh-huh," Damien said.

Clarissa was quiet for a while, watching but only half seeing. Her thoughts were back to the night before, to what Brett had said, to what he had said earlier. She had just wanted a quiet day with him. Was that so hard? They hadn't had a quiet day in ages, or even a quiet date thinking about it. The last one was around the time the triplets had first moved in. He hadn't recently invited her on a date and then hadn't invited her to all the parties and events that were happening.

Were they seriously falling apart?

That wasn't good.

"Do you think I'm slutty?"

The question was so sudden; Damien looked up and almost lost his balance. "What?" he asked, catching himself and continuing but now looking at her.

"Do you think I'm slutty?" she repeated, resting her elbow on her thigh and dropping her chin on her palm.

"No," Damien said, looking at her like she was a lunatic, "Why? Should I?"

"I'd hope not, but Brett thinks I was dressed slutty last night, in my costume."