[15] Lovely Talks with the old lady

/unedited/

----------------------------

The hospital is the family's new home. The place where they eat together, sleep and talk. 

Delilah was miserable in the place. It was such a cold cramped room. 

The chill felt as if it was going underneath her  bones. She hated it, there was no comfort of home. 

She shared the room with an elderly lady, Delilah called her Nan. She has many chats with her. 

Delilah turned around to see Nan staring at her. "Nan why are you staring at her," she questioned confused. 

The old lady sighed, " It is so hard to see such a precious girl waste her life." She knew about Delilah obsession with perfection. It was difficult to pretend to be asleep when she was listening to the little girl. 

Delilah didn't know she talked in her sleep. It was a new habit, she would talk all night to herself about being perfect. The poor child had to clue she was wasting her life. 

Delilah looked confused as the old lady spoke. She wondered if she was going to go into her lectures of telling Delilah she was fine the way she was. 

"Delilah can you come here," the old lady asked the child. Delilah got up and sat beside Nan. 

Nan raised her hand and stroked Delilah's cheek. " Such an innocent child turning into a monster" she whispered to herself. 

Those were the last words she uttered to Delilah.

Nan died later that day. 

------------------------------------

Oh I love Nan.

Fun Fact: Delilah's name actually means to flirt. It is a foreshadowing of the future. Some asked what her name meant so here it is. 

BTW. first update done. two more to go.