[5] A wish

/unedited/  Two updates in one day!

--------------------------------------------------

"Blow out your candles Delilah," Her mother spoke with glee. Her daughter was growing up so fast, she was now 10 years old. 

"Okay, mom." Delilah grinned a toothless smile. The candles were blown out with a deep breath. As she was blowing out the candles, Delilah made a wish. 

A wish to look beautiful. 

A wish to be skinny. 

A wish to perfect.

A wish which wouldn't come true.

Her family surrounded her. Her mother, father and brother. No one else.

Delilah had invited the classmates in her class. Delilah remembered well what had happened to her. She had cried hysterically. 

She was super excited, her mother had printed special cards. Delilah was going to hand them out to her classmates. 

Before she could one of the girls had spoken, "Eww! Who is going to ugly's parties. Is it a loser party?" All the kids laughed along as tears dripped down Delilah's face.

The damage was done, Delilah finally knew the kids in her class wouldn't play with her. She would always be a freak. 

When she came home, her mother had asked her about the invitation's. Delilah said nothing, her fists were clenched. 

Her mother realized the sadness in her eyes and grabbed her hand " Oh dear, we will have a great time without them. " She hugged her daughter with all her might hoping she would forget the words the kids had spoken.

The sounds of Delilah sobs echoed in her mother's shirt. 

------------------------------------------------------------