Epilogue

>>>> 7 Years Later >>>>

"So you're retiring," the late night television host stated in the form of a question.

You crossed your legs, placing your hands on top of your knee, "I feel like I've done enough." Your lips curled into a distant smile as you continued your explanation. "I contributed my share to the film and television industry, but it's time for me to begin another chapter of my life."

"I mean, I can't argue with your contribution to Hollywood, but I have to wonder. Is it also because of the scandal years back?"

You shook your head with disbelief as you let out a low chuckle. "Sure, bring up my terrible past."

"H-Hey! I'm sorry! It's a question that everyone is asking. I'm just trying to keep my job," the host nervously spouted out as he tried to keep the lighthearted atmosphere.

"Oh, well that question isn't going to secure your job," you quipped. The audience roared with laughter while the host sheepishly scratched their cheek. "That being said, I'm only answering this because my fans are wondering as well."

"You're so cruel," they mumbled as you took a break to sip out of a glass of water.

"Okay then, the scandal from way back then. Let's see, my career took an immediate break because I almost died. My name was slandered with scandal for like a second. My manager's illegal activities and my actual past were brought into the light, and then my engagement to some billionaire heir crumbled. It was a dark moment," you shrugged. "And I thought about quitting and running from everything... But that's when I realized something. My career stopped being a one-man show the second I attained a fan. Not many, just one.

"And when all those things happened to me, there were still people that believed in me, found inspiration in me-- all for a reason that I don't know to this day. What I do know is that I owe it to those who supported me from the inception of my career; I owe it to the people who just recently became my fans; and I owe it to myself to see this to the end."

There was not a peep from the audience or the host as they intently stared at you.

"And I finally got to that point in my career where I'm satisfied with myself. Now, I want something new in my life. Something entirely new." You could feel yourself bubble with excitement, and it was contagious to those surrounding you.

"Does new entail your recent engagement?" the host smiled.

You felt an oncoming blush and growled. "I suppose."

"Hahaha, did I hit a nerve?"

"I'm here to talk about my career not my engagement," you grumbled.

"You acted so differently the last time you were engaged," the host cackled. "But it feels more natural this time around."

"It's... I'm finally at a place where I can welcome another person into my life. And it feels weird for me to be this happy, so yeah it's different," you responded bashfully.

As the host grinned at you endearingly, they shifted their talk cards to change the topic. "Well, I'm happy for you... And I also want to bring up the amount of actors showering you with congratulatory messages on social media. Almost everyone that you've worked with, as well as those you've inspired, have sent you messages when you announced your retirement and engagement."

Your voice wavered as you answered, "Y-Yeah, it was a surprise to me to know how much people cared, especially people in my career. You know, I've never been filled with this much love from others... And because of that, I'm leaving as my happiest self, which I can only be grateful for."