╯Intro╰

Introduction

"You must have the best life ever!"

I wish.

"I bet you have a mansion with a butler!"

I don't.

"I'm so jealous. I want to be you."

You will never want to be me.

"You must be beautiful on the inside like on the outside."

I doubt it.

"Let's give a bit of an introduction to our guest tonight. She went from acting in plays to television documentaries, and then the big screen in just three years, amassing complete success with dominating numbers. She's won awards around the world, became the new face of Hitachiin Fashions, and it's rumored that you will be appearing in a highly anticipated film..."

The host turned and you both exchanged polite smiles. The length of his introduction depleted all of your patience, yet you showed no signs of such depletion. Not when you have millions watching you. 

"Do you have any advice for newcomers?" the late-night host asked as he shifted closer to you. Despite the cherry wood desk in between you two, his expensive cologne wafted over and infected your nostrils.

"Well... I suppose it's to choose a script that speaks to you, and whatever role you land, you must always act with tenacity and passion," you answered robotically, "and I would say to never lose yourself as a human being."

"I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that. You keep your life extremely private," he chuckled, lying back in his chair, "is there any chance you'll be dropping some shocking information about your past during my show?"

You kept your composure as you stared at the man's mischievous eyes. "Let me think about it," you smirked, crossing your legs which caused your dress to rise higher up your thigh. "I grew up in the suburbs---"

"Anything else a little more interesting?" he poked further.

You scoffed, shaking your head with disbelief at the audacity of this man. You glanced over to look into the lenses of the camera, staring straight into millions of people watching you right now. You knew that all of your fans were dying to know more about you, hence the reason why they were watching you at a primetime talk show. They were eating up every word that fell from your mouth, eagerly soaking in whatever information you had about yourself... probably to add it to your Wikipedia page later.

Other than that, they wanted to know your full name, where you were born, where you went to school, where you lived, who were your parents, and anything else. However, if you let them know about your normal life, you would never be able to protect your little brother.

Your eyes darkened with worry at the thought of your sibling, though it was only for a moment. You regained your stoic facial expression, hoping no one noticed your slip up. Your manager nodded her head, encouraging you to continue. "I'm not an interesting person, sorry."

"Keeping the mystery element?" The host raised an eyebrow with fake intrigue while his eyes held deep disappointment.

You shrugged for little care of his ratings. "If I don't, people will be bored to death by me."

[---]

On the other side of the camera lenses, the third Ootori son watched the program with great interest. The way you determinedly held on to your facade caught his interest at first, but then the way you maneuvered the interview with grace kept his attention.

"Is that [Name] on the T.V? She's that super shady actor!" Kaoru called out from the kitchen.

"And good friends with my mom!" Hikaru added.

"Do you think she's keeping secrets?" Haruhi offhandedly asked as she stared at the screen. It wasn't a secret that Haruhi enjoyed this particular actress, hence her reason for turning on this show.

"Probably," Kyoya responded as he typed away in his computer. "Now why did you all decide to come over my apartment when I'm studying?"

"Cause I've missed you," Tamaki waltzed into the living room, "and I'm worried you might be alone here."

With a long sigh, Kyoya returned his attention back onto the television screen which now showed a commercial for your upcoming movie. He was certainly interested in what you were hiding to the public. For your past to be practically unknown to a billion people... it sounded as if this would be a challenging puzzle to solve while bored.

And he was certainly bored right now.