Chapter 17

"Are you ready to see him?"

Your eyes widen with amazement, arms outstretched and awaiting the bundle in your mother's arms. She smiles softly at you and beckons for you to crawl into her lap. Your father helps you climb onto the bed, and you situate yourself comfortably.

You peer cautiously inside the bundle and notice a sleeping baby boy. Seeing the existence of your sibling didn't foster a sense of jealousy or contempt. Rather, you were overjoyed to see him.

"You have to protect him now, [Name]," your father pointed out as he settled his hand on your shoulder. "He's going to need you a lot."

He didn't have to tell you! You already knew that the moment you laid eyes on him. And you were absolutely determined that nothing was going to hurt him.

>>>>

The calls of your name were shouted; a sickening amount of microphones were shoved your way; the questions about your brother were echoed down the hallway.

You pushed through the rabid reporters as you tried to hold in your emotions. There were some crew members that helped you, holding your dress and making you a path to a deserted dressing room.

In there, you tried regulating your breathing, but the severity of what you had done dawned upon you. You screwed up. You completely screwed up.

The sound of the door handle shaking brought you back to reality. "[NAME]!" Grey shouted through the door. She didn't sound the least bit worried; instead, her anger bellowed out, cementing the fact that you were so dead.

"I know you're in there!" she continued as she knocked repeatedly at the door.

If you didn't open up, who knew what she would do to you. Maybe you still had a chance of fixing things...

Cautiously, you unlocked the door and allowed her inside. The sight of her livid expression was unsurprising, and you greeted her with a blank facade. "What?"

"Why... Why did you do that?!" Her angered confusion actually gave you hope, hope that she still didn't realize your suspicions. "Your emotions are all over the place!"

"I can't help it," you tried to defend yourself.

"The thing is, you can. You have been doing this for years now," she harshly rebutted as she closed the door, locking it in the process. "You have always been doing thing for your brother. I understand your moment of happiness since you won, but what you did is going to get him killed."

Her words felt like venom, leaving a sour taste in your mouth. "He's already dying."

"But you never gave up on him!"

"Are you saying I did now?" you fought back.

Her face darkened. It was the first time she had ever sent you such a malicious stare. The composed Grey had finally shown her true colors- cynical and rotten to the core. She looked like she would slit your throat if you said another word.

As you stepped back in astonishment, she spoke in a rather cold tone. "I'm saying that if you give up now and leave it all up to your boyfriend, your brother will die."

It was an outright threat. "You bitch."

Right on cue, your phone rang. Praying that it was Kyoya, you quickly answered it to demand him to take your brother out of the hospital. "Is this Miss [Last Name]? This is your brother's nurse, calling about your brother's scheduled transfer."

"I didn't order any transfer," you spat out.

"Well, I have here that you signed all the release forms. Your brother is currently on his way now to another hospital," she informed you. "I just want to let you know that we have transferred him to the hospital you specified."