Chapter 8

You could feel your heart jump right out of your chest at the sight of Kyoya. Your inability to read his expression had you more on edge than ever, wondering whether he knew your identity or not. You prayed for it to be the latter, but recently things haven't exactly gone your way.

You swallowed your saliva as you shifted around. "Uh..."

Your deeper voice brought a smile to his face. "We haven't formally met, I'm Kyoya Ootori." He extended his hand gracefully, "I've heard that you are part of [Name]'s fan club, though I hope you can refrain from asking me too many questions about her."

You inwardly scoffed. You didn't have to ask questions about her because you WERE her! Nodding shyly, you ignored his awaiting hand and knocked on the door several times. The few seconds you waited with him were beyond awkward, filled with stolen glances and shaky coughs. Most were on your part, but you did notice that he sent you a sideways glance.

When the door swung open, you were greeted by Jess, who was mildly surprised at the extra guest. Clearly, she didn't think he would show. You too were awestruck at his appearance, though you had a feeling he was here for more than just studying. He seemed like the type of guy that always had ulterior motives. At the same time, his intellect surpassed both yours and Jess', so why would he attend a study group?

"Did you guys walk here?" She smiled suggestively, her eyebrows wagging at the thought of it.

Honestly, you had never obtained an acquaintance like her, and that's saying something, seeing as how you've met a handful of people. With a low growl in denial, you entered her dorm with Kyoya right behind you. You heard him say his pleasantries to Jess, mentioning how 'we Harvard students need to stick together'. It won her over but not you.

"I'll get you guys something to drink! I can make some espresso or tea--"

"Espresso is fine," you both said in unison. You blinked slowly before turning to glance at him.

He responded with a smile. "Great minds think alike."

"Yeah," you casually supplied as you began to take out your tablet. Speak as little as possible: that was your motto. The man was sharp, and anything said could be used against you.

Jess noticed your lack of interest in the man, but as always, she assumed the wrong thing about it. "Aw, sorry that my friend is nervous. She might be concerned about what she can't and can say around you because of your girlfriend."

"Yes," he said in thought as he eyed you.

Drowning in fury and embarrassment, you tried to glare at the girl but she was too busy chalking up the refreshments to notice. Though after a few moments of silence, you realized that Kyoya hadn't denied the fact that he was your boyfriend. A thin line formed on your lips as curiosity ate at you. Should you ask?

Well, he already thought you were a mega fan. "Didn't [Name] vehemently deny her association with you?"

"Did she?"

OF COURSE! Of course he would never fully answer your question. "Never mind," you mumbled. You mentally patted your back for a job well done at concealing your raw emotions.