Chapter 3

Chapter: T H R E E

Your phone rang, causing your fingers to snatch it from your lap. Tapping against the touch screen, your schedule for the month popped up, and with a quick scan, you exhaled loudly as you noticed your overbearing schedule. Thoughts about how it would be easier if you weren't in school plagued your mind.

For almost a month you had midterms which were scheduled during most of your celebrity appearances. You ultimately decided that your secret life could wait and pushed back all events until you were in the green zone with school. It ended up hurting you, since all the events came back to haunt you, clustering your entire future schedule.

There was a particular event that caught your attention. You placed your fingernail on the line of your planner's page, noting what your manager, Grey, scribbled in, "A fashion show?"

"[Name]."

Your gaze swiftly moved to your little brother who was curiously staring at you. "What's up, little man?" you smiled as you reached over to ruffle his hair.

"You look worried," he commented in a matter-of-fact tone.

You chuckled softly as you pinched his cheeks, "For a seven year old, you're pretty observant. Just worry about getting better, and I'll worry about getting you out of here."

He relaxed in the plush of his bed, holding onto his damaged teddy bear. "Would I ever get out of here?"

Your mouth opened, wanting to rebuttal his question, but you honestly had no confidence in what the future held for him or you. You analyzed the over exaggeration of yellow on his skin due to the lack of function of his digestive organs. An overwhelming amount of machines allowed him to live, yet it wasn't normal for any child to go through this.

Every fan paid a little of everything in this room, especially the life of your only sibling. As much as you detested the spotlight, all you could feel was gratefulness as they allowed you to provide for the one you loved. If someone found out about this, the serene privacy your brother needed would end, which could cause his health to spiral downwards. You could not let this all end, especially not because of one observant man.

Speaking of said man, you noticed your phone ringing, and when you picked up, you realized it was the Ootori kid's friends. "Hey this is Kaoru~"

"And Hikaru~"

You nervously laughed as you ran into the room's petite bathroom. "Hey!.. How did you get my number?"

"Our mom wanted to confirm that you were still closing the show for her--" Hikaru started.

"But we told her that we were now friends with you, so she decided we should ask you." Kaoru finished for his brother. Yeah, those twins were definitely in sync.

"O-Oh, well, of course I'm still in," you exclaimed, "I'll see you Thursday then."

They shouted their goodbyes, and when you finished, you frowned deeply.

It was already more than enough standing beside perfect looking actresses, but now you had to work with beautiful models that looked unnaturally thin. You were average, and with makeup, you were an average beauty. Due to your personal trainer, your body was toned and in shape, but it wasn't anything compared to the others.

You were just a poor girl from a run-down neighborhood. What could you offer at a fashion show? Oh, the things you went through for money and your brother.

=================

"We should invite Kyoya," Kaoru suggested to his brother as his eyebrows wiggled. They both laid on the couches adjacent to their mom who was in the midst of finishing the hems of some dresses for the show. Overhearing her sons, she clicked her tongue, not too thrilled that they were planning something that involved you.