Chapter 20

The line went dead. Not a single noise could be heard from Kyoya's side of call, causing dread to seep inside his body.

"Kyoya?" Tamaki quietly prodded his friend as he strode up towards him.

The Ootori heir was in the midst of phoning you, but moments into the call, his stern expression morphed into one of horror. Tamaki had never seen such a look on his cool, calm and collected friend, and all it brought on a wave of concern.

"Excuse me, Mr. Ootori, we need her permission to perform the procedure," a nurse spoke up from the nurse's station.

Kyoya attempted to open his mouth to speak, but he couldn't grasp any thoughts. "She... [Name]..."

Although Tamaki was oblivious to almost everything, he was not oblivious to the fact that Kyoya was having a meltdown. Something drastic must have happened on the phone, something his brain was trying to comprehend.

"KYOYA!?" the twins yelled from across the hospital as they raced towards him. "O-On the gossip column!! LOOK!"

Hikaru shoved his phone into Kyoya's line of sight. On the screen was an online gossip site that gave updates of celebrity sightings-- with you being the latest sighting. However, the headline '[Name] SHOT IN THE STREET!' was all Kyoya could focus on.

"Is it true?!" Kaoru asked worriedly.

"MR. OOTORI!" the nurse snapped.

Kyoya's eyes wandered over to the nurse, who was angrily staring at him with her hands on her hips.

"I need the consent form right now or [Name] won't have a brother to come back to," she bluntly stated.

The comment appeared to have broken through his trance as his eyes widened. Although he was thinking that the worst had already happened to you, he still had to deal with the situation at hand. Even if you were dead (which he prayed wasn't true), he had an obligation to at least save your only sibling. And if you did survive the shooting, he wanted to secure that moment of you waking up to see your brother alive and well.

In a matter of seconds, his onslaught of emotions were temporarily lifted as he slipped on his stoic demeanor. Pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, he went into deep thought. Once he was able to concoct a plan, he went into his usual princely mode.

"Hikaru, you're good at forging signatures." It wasn't a question, but the twin nodded in response. "Forge [Name]'s signature to accept the organ donations."

"Roger that!" Hikaru exclaimed as he retrieved the papers from the nurse's hands. It appeared she had no qualms with the plan, opting to remain silent and allow the illegal transaction to transpire.

"Tamaki, where's your helicopter?" Kyoya asked without missing a beat.

Tamaki smiled widely, mainly because he was proud that his friend knew him so well. "I have it parked outside the town but it'll be here in a few minutes. I'll call it over."

"Hunny, Mori, I need you guys to stay here and take care of her brother. Make sure he isn't alone and don't let him become suspicious of his sister's whereabouts."

"Got it," the two responded with determination.

"Kaoru, you clean up the internet and take down any bad videos of her. If you find the culprit in any of them, keep them in a separate folder."

Kaoru smirked, "I'll make some calls... Her name won't be slandered!"

Kyoya nodded, "And Tamaki, have Haruhi go to the hospital that [Name] is being sent to. I'll make sure she is accepted as a visitor."