Chapter 18

Dull echoes reverberated around you. Everything was but a blur as you were guided through the crowd of people, most not noticing your slow escape. There were shouts and chants for someone to fight, though you weren't sure who was fighting.

All you remembered was entering a large SUV and being driven away; then everything went blank.

—————

"It is your job to find her," Kyoya venomously said as he tried to hold in his anger.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Ootori," one of the campus officers replied timidly, "but we can't do anything until there is proof she has been kidnapped."

The other officer didn't seem too interested in the idea of searching for you. "Look, she's a celebrity. They're good at hiding, and I can only imagine that's the first thing she'd want to do after being humiliated like this."

"Aren't there security cameras that can corroborate with what I am telling you?" Kyoya pressed on.

"Most people were blocking anything that might have happened to [Name]. If there was a struggle, there would have been a commotion."

Kyoya clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white from the pressure. "I understand. Thank you for the assistance, officers."

The practiced, malicious smile on his lips made the officers wary. They nodded slightly and muttered a few goodbye's before escaping. It was probably the single wisest thing they've done since being in his presence.

'It seems I have to do this on my own,' Kyoya thought to himself as he began traveling to the car. Once inside, he whipped out his laptop and started entering the university's database. He accessed the security camera footage, scanning through most of the camera angles for clues.

He passed the time attempting to figure out who was who in each video. He definitely could have thought this through in a smarter fashion, but he was desperate. You were in trouble, everything around you was crumbling apart, and you didn't know what to do. The burden on your shoulders has multiplied, a feat that could not easily be handled by anybody. He just felt like he had to something.

His phone rang, forcing him out of his thoughts. He glanced at the called I.D. and hesitated to answer. However, he knew that if he didn't answer the call, they would find a way to continuously annoy him. "Yes?"

"What happened to [Name]?!" the Hitachiin twins exclaimed into the receiver.

He didn't wince at how loud they were, having being used to their hyper personalities. "I suppose news travels fast."

"It's not only that," Kaoru stated.

"But there are some videos posted up about the whole incident," Hikaru ended his brother's sentence.

"There's even one of her being taken away," Kaoru added, "by some girl."