Chapter 12

After stating that you were now publicly Kyoya's girlfriend, you awaited his reaction. You expected a smart comment to easily roll out his mouth, but he just stared right back at you with his eyes wide with disbelief. The prolonged pause of silence made you begin to doubt your ingenious idea to become his fake girlfriend.

"Well?" you choked out when you finally had enough of the anticipation. It might have been a plan that you pulled out of your ass, but you did give it some serious thought afterwards. Although it could work, there were many ways it could fail.

First off, you weren't overly fond of Kyoya, especially his uncanny ability to piss you off. It was like he knew where each trigger button was situated and constantly used it against you. Second, he enjoyed leaving you in the dark of many things. His knowledge on everyone and everything instilled fear within you, and that made him an untrustworthy person in your eyes. Lastly, he possessed this need for information, and he would do whatever he could just to attain that knowledge. However, it was that certain need that opened your eyes to the true monsters in this world: your manager and your brother's doctor.

There were also many things that could go right with this plan. Although he knew your secret, he hadn't told a soul or blackmailed you. He might have been a little smug about winning his little game, but that was the least of your problems. He also seemed to want to help you-- for unknown reasons. He could be someone you could trust, but it was up to him on whether or not he would play along.

"You..." he began after a long pause, "I suppose that works as well." He fixated his glasses as he collected himself.

"Huh? So you aren't against it?" You tried to hold back your absolute astonishment but failed miserably.

"It's a wonderful way to kill time," he responded honestly.

You frowned, "Is that also why you're helping me so much?"

His smile faded. "In due time you'll see why."

You scowled, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Are you hungry?" He ignored your confusion as he stood up to travel towards the kitchen. "You're going to need some energy for the training."

You opened your mouth to question him, but he had already whipped out his phone and began making several phone calls to a handful of people. He did all this while preparing you an array of snacks. You might have found him an exceptional multi-tasker, but you were too worried about what you got yourself into.

>>>>
Your eyes tried to stay open but they just couldn't. The amount of work they put you through drained you to the point of no return, and by 'they', you meant the ex-host club members. The group consisted of aesthetically beautiful humans with colorful personalities, and for you, it was the group from hell as they were all too much to handle (except Haruhi and Mori).

In a matter of hours, his entire friend group arrived in his apartment and ready to work. Well, in a loose sense of the word 'work'. The majority of the time they were up to their usual antics, ooohh-ing and ahh-ing at the many commoner items Kyoya possessed. If they weren't doing that, they were huddled around you, reminiscing on the many times Kyoya had saved him. To them, he was this motherly hen who always knew how to protect her children.

Truthfully, it was hard to picture him like that. Of course, your real opinion didn't matter at the moment. In front of the cameras, you had to regurgitate these tales and act out the loving relationship that you had to portray: the A-list actress and the billionaire son. Some called it a power couple. You called it a living nightmare.

If only you had only thought of a better excuse regarding your involvement with the Ootori heir. Things would be a lot easier, and you wouldn't be walking to your first day of class like a zombie. The only reason why you were able to function like an actual human being was because of the high intake of caffeine you supplied yourself early in the morning.

"Gooood morning!"

Your eyelid twitched at the sudden enthusiasm. "Morning, Jess."

The peppy female smiled widely as she handed you a styrafoam cup of coffee. The sweet aroma made the bad thoughts go away, and you eagerly accepted her present. Once your mouth began savoring the taste, Jess continued to speak. "You know, I wish you would have joined me in my family's vacation home. There was so much we could have done together, but I guess your work has you tied down."

"Your point?"

"You should loosen up a little. Maybe let me do your hair and makeup sometime," she suggested with a glint in her eyes. "I just see so much potential in you, but I get that academics come first."

"I'll loosen up when I can," you grumbled. "But what's gotten into you all of a sudden? It's just the first day back."

She did a double-take. "It's.. It's SENIOR year. We need to end it with a bang!"

You let out a long exhale, "I don't really need it to end with a bang." All you needed was a degree and a way to save your brother.

"Ohh come on! Maybe this will be the year you snag Kyoya Ootori," she cooed with a wink. Your reaction was a glare, and her smile faded, "That's right. He might be dating [Name]."

"I thought those rumors were quashed."

Jess shrugged, "Well, some girls in my sorority have been watching her actions like a hawk, and they have this theory that she's dating Kyoya. They also have a feeling that [Name] is going to open up  about her love life in the interview today."

"People say that all the time."

"But it's different this time. Everyone says that she's been opening up a little bit more recently. That she seems almost human," Jess explained.

"Human? She is human," you grumbled, "and besides, who's everyone?"

She laughed, "Shouldn't you know? You're the head of the her fan club and also friends with Kyoya."

You forced a smile, though it was eerie in nature. "Haha, yeah... But none of those things seem credible."

Jess nodded her head in thought. "Yes, you might be right about that. I guess we'll find out today, no?"

You sighed. Tonight's interview better run smoothly, or you'll end up making a disaster of your career.