Chapter 1:Into The forest

Have you ever felt like you're different than everyone else.Don't get me wrong it's not bad but if you're like me then it is but it isn't. Let me start at the beginning.

I'm the second of three children my older sister Sarah is 15 and about to be 16. My younger bother Timmy just turned 2 and my name is Astrid at this time I am 12 (soon to be 13). In my life I've always felt different so different that I don't have many friends but that was all going to change.

My story really starts one day at school it was the first day back and I was over the moon ( I always liked school). It was a normal first day back until recess I felt like I was being watched. I looked around and there was no one there but a robin with a weird gem around its neck. The same thing kept happening but with different animal but with the same gem. At first I thought it was just a prank by one of the mean girls but it kept happening everywhere I went.

       I was so weirded out so one day at recess I saw the animal (it was a cat). When I saw it I ran over to the fence ( our school is next to a forest) and jumped the fence. When I was over the fence I ran over to the cat. "What do you what with me" I said acting kind of crazy. It just stared back at me. "What do you what" I said again. "Ha ha Astrid is talking to cats". I turned my head and seen Tina the queen of the school standing on the other side of the fence .

       "What are you doing out there Astrid finding new friends" Tina said. "No just"... "Just what wow your a bigger dork than I thought, let me get a picture of this to show to everyone" Tina said. "Stop laughing tiny Tina" I shouted. "Oh your going to get it now I'll tell everybody your crazy and in love with frank" she said happily. "No don't" I begged. "Fine I won't if you say in front of everyone in school that I am awesome" she said proudly. "Never in the world would I ever say that" I said."Fine then you will be embarrassed in front of the whole school bye bye Astrid" she said walking away.

        "Great just great look what you got me into cat, what am I saying you can't understand me" I said sadly. "I should just lay here and die". "Die, you should not die that would be bad". "Of course it would be bad" I said not caring who said that. "You should not die here or now". "Who are you to care" I said asked to sit up. "I am Andrea" said a voice, I turned my head and saw that the cat was talking.

"I am crazy a cat is talking to me I not just crazy I'm insane the cat is talking". "Don't call me the cat, call me Andrea and you are not crazy, well I think". "If I'm not crazy then how are you talking huh"? "Well that's hard to explain right now but if it's ok with you I would like to change" Andrea said. "It ok with me" I said looking at her strangely.

          Andrea touched her gem and then became a beautiful young woman that looked about twenty. She was dressed in this amazing purple dress that matched her gem.

           "That's better, now come with me Astrid". "How did you do that, who are you, and how did you know my name" I said with my mouth wide open. "First I know your name because that girl Tina said it and I know because you are special". "What about the other questions" I asked.

       "All will be revealed if you come with me" she said. "Right now well I can't come right now because of ah school Ya I still have school, sorry Andrea bye" I said starting to leave. "Do you really want to go back when Tina will embarrass you"? "Fine your right,but if I go with you can I get home at 3:30 pm or else mom will get mad". "Yes when ever you want to leave" she said "come now follow me".

"Oh boy what have I got myself into" I said under my breath and started to follow her.

To be continued