Chapter 4:Mastering powers

For a while the other gems just stated at me, until Andrea spoke up. "Astrid why do you want to master your powers now, do you think the world is in danger"? "No it's not that it's something worse" I said. "What, what is it" Sunny spoke scarily?

"It's my older sister, she's making me give her my necklace. If she gets it she will have powers and be so much more annoying" I said. "But why do you need to master your powers, what will that help anything". "All I want to do is scare her enough so she won't take my gem, is that so much to ask for"?

"Astrid this might not be a good idea. If your sister thinks you're doing it, even though you are, she'll be even madder" Sunny said. "And if she thinks it's you she will tell your mom and you'll been in even more trouble than before" Luna said.  "But this could be a good thing too, if she learned how to master her powers now then she would be ready later" Eve said. 

"I guess your right Eve we should teach her now" Andrea said.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you so much Andrea, can we start now"? "I guess, now what should we start with" she asked. "How about an easy animal transformation, Andrea you can teach her how to do that" Sunny said. "Ok let's try it" Andrea said, "now Astrid all you do is hold your gem and think of a animal got it". "Ok I'll try it" I said. As I held my gem I could not stop thinking of what I would do to my sister and nothing happened. "Your not concentrating, you got to concentrate, let's try something else".

Over about an hour or two I mastered moving things with the air, how to grow trees with a movement of a finger, and how to talk to animals. "Astrid you did very well today now it is time to go home, just be careful with your powers" Andrea said. "I will, ok bye see you tomorrow bye" I said as I started to run up the steps.

      When I was out I ran all the way home and ran up stairs to my room waiting for my sister to come home. While I waited I tried to practice my animal transformation but could never concentrate. Then finally my sister walked through my door.

        "Oh there you are Astrid, ready to give me that necklace now"? "Not quite yet, just let me talk to you for a second" I said smiling. "Ok but I don't know what you want to talk about, but if I still get what I want I'll still be happy". "Oh someone will get what they want" I said under my breath. "Sarah I really want to show you something, it will blow your mind".

      With a movement of my hand I closed and locked the door. "What was that" she said. "It must have been the wind" I said still smiling. "Astrid your really creeping me out, so just hand me the necklace so I can get out of  here". "No not yet I still not done with you" I said. "Fine if you not done then I'll call mom and you'll get in trouble" she said  starting to call mom. "Oh no you can't call mom" I begged. "Oh can't I  watch me" she started crying for mom even louder.

"I got to get out of here", looking over to the window thinking of the powers I mastered. I ran to the window, oped it and with a movement of my hand a tree grew up to my window and I jumped out.

      My sister watched as I went out my window and down to the ground . After I was all the way down, I turned my head and Sarah was going down to tree. When I saw her I stated running, but when she got on the ground she started running really fast. 

I knew I could never out run her but I still keep running and keep looking back. "Your dead Astrid" she said as she keep running faster. "What did I ever do to you" I asked trying to run and talk at the same time. "You kept that necklace and when I tried to get it you jumped out the window so now you're dead".

        We were running for a long time and I started to get tired.  I was so tired I just wanted to be fast enough to get away from my sister. As I was running I noticed that my gem started to glow for a second. And I noticed I was running faster and when I looked back Sarah had stopped running and was just staring at me.

    After Sarah was out of sight I turned the corner and stopped. "I don't know why she stopped she's a track runner, she should have got me" I said talking to myself. "I mean it was weird". Then for a quick moment I felt like I was different so I looked down to seen I was different.  I looked down and seen I had paws and fur, I seen I was a red fox!

       "What has happened to me what have I done to myself" I screamed as I just sat there looking scared. What do I do now that I'm a red fox.

To be continued