Chapter 2: On Our Way

I put my skateboard on the ground and started skating to Lani's house. I was so excited that I was finally going to meet Johnny's friends! I don't know why he thinks they'll act weird around me and stuff, it's a pretty stupid reason for not letting me meet his friends. I got to Lani's house and knocked on the door. Lani's parents are never home. They're nice people, but they're always out. Lani answered the door, as always.
"Hey Andy. What's up?" she asked.
"Hey Lani. My brother's finally letting me meet his friends and we were wondering if you wanted to come along. It would give us an opportunity to meet lots of new friends. Whaddaya say?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.
"Yeah! I'd love to make some new friends! Lemme get my skateboard." she replied.
Lani came back with her skateboard and we skated to my house. When we got there, we saw Johnny sitting on the porch steps, waiting for us.
"I'll race ya there!" he said.
"That's not fair! We don't even know where it is!" I whined.
"Yeah!" Lani whined in my defense.
"Alright, alright. No race. Follow me." Johnny said, leading the way to his friends' house. Lani and I skated behind Johnny the whole way. His friends' house was about a block away. When we got there, Johnny opened the gate, went up the porch steps, and stopped in front of the door.
"Ya gonna go in?" I asked.
"Yeah." he replied.
He took a deep breath and went inside...