Chapter 3

Nicole POV

"So, you're a cop?" I ask Alexander as I make us some coffee.

He now has on the T-shirt, and black sweat pants Diamond gave him. He looks really good in them, so good I can't stop staring, and he nods.

"I am, but I would appreciate it if you didn't go telling the whole world about it. Only Diamond, Darlene, Rick, and now you know I'm a cop."

I shake my head, and pour us both a cup of steaming coffee. This would explain why he wanted me to infiltrate Silas's business, but I won't do it just for him, my life means more to me then that. I pass him his without adding anything because I don't know what he likes, and I add sugar with some creamer to mine.

"I won't tell anyone, I mean I only have one friend, but she wouldn't ever believe me if I told her anything of what's happened here," I say with a sigh, think about Honey, and how much I miss her.

"Do you want to call her?" He asks me, drinking his coffee black only.

I nod, getting excited, and he passes me his iPhone after putting in the code.

I nod, and dial Honey's number. Suddenly remembering she has that date for tomorrow with her crush, and I make sure to tell her good luck.

"Hello?" She asks, her voice the same as usual.

"Hey, it's me. I'm calling from a friends phone."

"I haven't heard from you since yesterday! Where are you?" She asks, now her voice getting higher with her anger.

I sigh, thinking of a lie to tell my best friend, and how wrong it feels to even have to hide the truth. I've not once lied to Honey since we've been best friends for the past 6 years now, and though I feel awful for doing it, I have to do it to protect her.

"I'm at a friends place, I just couldn't handle living with my parents anymore so I left, but I'm sorry I didn't tell you until now," I say, biting my lip as I wait for her to reply.

"You moved out? Well that's great! It still doesn't explain why you aren't at school today, though," she says, and I know I'm about to hurt her with what I will say.

"I'm not going back to school, ever. Since I decided to move out I also want to quit college, and start my life now rather then later. I hope you can understand my decision," I say, my voice calm, and collected although I feel like throwing up.

"Yeah, no that's fine. I get it, but will you at least visit me? I can't imagine losing the closest friend I've ever had in my life," she says, and I swear I heard her sniffle.

"Yes, of course, I'll call you when I can see you. Also, good luck on your date tomorrow, bye Honey," the tears I'd wanted to surpress were threatening to come out now.

"Thanks, I'll try to have fun tomorrow. Bye, Nicole."

We hang up, and I pass Alexander his phone back to him. He gives me a sympathetic look, and I appreciate it.

"Thanks, I think I'm just going to sleep now. I'm really tired," I say while throwing away the coffee I'd made.

"Alright, well just so you know I will be staying here until the 2 days are over. Good night Nicole."

I nod, of course he would be staying here, I am the only person who could ever get into the auction, and uncover Silas's crime to the world. I won't do it, though, but I'm sure Alexander won't mind if his guinea pig doesn't cooperate with him. He'll just sell out another young, innocent girl to the most ruthless man like he did me.

I leave the kitchen, and go to the room I had been in when I woke up. The room wasn't Darlene's, I knew that because her room was across the hall, and so that meant this was Diamond's room. I hope she doesn't mind me sleeping here, and I hate sleeping on couches. I always get a pain in my back that Honey usually has to massage away for me, Honey is actually a trained masseuse so basically it's therapeutic.