Chapter 11

Silas POV

Seeing Nicole on that hospital bed with tubes, and needles in her knowing that I was the reason why she was there in the first place really shook me up.

I never wanted to see her or Alexander hurt. It was my fault she was here, and I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that she got hurt because of me.

"Silas, stop that."

I look up from staring down at Nicole to where Alexander is. A scowl on his handsome face.

"Stop what?" I ask, sitting down on a chair next to the bed.

"Feeling sorry for yourself. It isn't your fault that she's in here, and you know she won't like how your treating yourself," he says, walking around the bed to me.

I grab his hand, squeezing it in mine, and finding strength. He was right, I couldn't keep blaming myself, but I would make sure I never made the mistake that I did. I wasn't going to risk the lives of those I loved ever again.

Nicole's heart monitor starts beeping faster then it had, and she starts opening her eyes. The first time in 6 days she's done that, my breath leaves my body in a relieved sigh.

"Where am I?" She asks us groggily, licking her lips.

I grab the water next to her, and put it up to her chin. She smiles at me, and drinks the whole thing down. Being unconscious for a week would've made anyone thirsty.

"I'll go get you some more water," I say, but Alexander is already heading out.

"I've got it, you stay with her," he says behind his shoulder, and throws Nicole a kiss before leaving.

She starts to sit up, but doesn't have the energy for it so I help her. Wrapping my arm around her small body, and sitting her against the mound of pillows behind her.

"What happened? The last thing I remember is Alexander rescuing me from that car accident, and then it all went black."

I had been dreading this conversation ever since she got to the hospital, but she needed to know the truth. So I gently explained everything to her, how it was my idea to hit the car she was in, and take her away.

I could barely look her in the eyes through most of it, my focus instead on the wall beside her bed. She grabs my hand after I finish talking, and squeezes it. Just like Alexander.

"Look at me," she says, and I immediately do as she says. Staring into her beautiful eyes.

"It was no ones fault, if you want someone to blame you can blame Logan for ever taking me," her eyes widen in shock, and she looks up at me, scared.

"Is he going to come looking for me? I mean I wasn't at the ball tonight, he could have his men out there now trying to get me."

I push a piece of hair behind her ear, and kiss her forehead.

"You don't have to worry about that, he's not looking for you."

I hadn't been sure of that myself at first, that Logan wouldn't do anything, but Rick must've worked out a good deal with him. He hasn't once come to look for Nicole or tried to do anything.

"What? How do you know that?" She asks, griping my hand in hers.

I sit down beside her, and explain to her how she's been in here for 6 days. Her reaction was complete shock, and she even started crying. That broke me apart inside, and I held onto her as she shed her tears on my shoulder. I hated seeing her like this.

Alexander comes back in, a smile on his face that quickly went away once he saw Nicole crying.

"I leave you alone for 5 minutes, and she's already crying," he grumbles, making Nicole smile.

He embraces her, his bigger build making her seem so small, and fragile. It was only natural for us to feel like protecting her, she was the girl we wanted to be with for the rest of our lives, and nothing would stop us from having her.

Nicole POV

I wipe my hand across the mirror, my reflection not as bad as I thought it would be, and I begin to brush my hair.

I was leaving the hospital today, and Silas had said he wanted to take me out so I was getting ready for that. Alexander was working, but he would meet us once he was done.

I had actually never been fully alone with Silas, so this was going to be really exciting. I was a bit nervous, though, but I'm sure that would pass.

I was wearing a pretty black mini dress, and heels. Simple yet classy. Hopefully it was okay for where we were going.

A knock at my door has my heart pounding faster, and I quickly go outside to open it.

Before me stands a well dressed Silas, in a sexy black suit, and red tie. My mouth nearly came off it's hinges.

He smiles as he sees my expression, his own eyes taking me in, and giving me a look of approval. He steps inside the room, making me back up, and his chest presses into mine.

I look up at him, my breathing deepening, and my eyelids half closed. His hand brushes against my hip, and griping it, he pulls me close to him.

He leans down, slowly, and kisses my temple. Brushing his lips softly across my cheek, and moving down to my lips. My body is buzzing, and I nearly grab his head to kiss him, but he does it before I can. Kissing me deeply, and passionately. My arms wrap around his neck, pressing myself closer to him, and I can feel his hands running across my back.

After awhile we pull away, breathing deeply, and smiling at each other. It felt amazing to be with him, just like how I feel when I'm with Alexander.

"For you," he says, handing me a bouquet of red roses he had placed on the table next to the door. I must not have noticed since his presence had kept my attention.

I press my nose against them, inhaling the lovely scent, and sighing. No one had ever gotten me roses.

"Thank you," I smile up at him, hugging the roses to my chest.

"Shall we go?" He asks, his arm extending to me, and I nod.

Placing the roses on the bed, and leaving the room with Silas.