Chapter 2

***A/N***

Quick Note!

You see that guy above ^^^

Remember his face lol

Thanks for votes/ comments!

Enjoy!

Steve's POV

Clint, Natasha, and I managed to escape the tower without anyone else tagging along. When we made to the place named Dominic's I left out a sigh of relief.

"It could be worse," I said when Natasha looked up at me curiously.

The whole restaurant was basically a bar. Towards the front of the room was a small stage, where someone was currently playing guitar, and a few tables surrounding it. There was space between the table and the stage where a few people were dancing.

I was honestly expecting the place to reek of alcohol and druken people would be everywhere "getting their freak on".

"I'm going to get a drink," Clint huffed from beside me.

"No getting wasted and no hook ups," Natasha warned. Clint just dismissed it with the wave of his hand and took a seat at the bar.

I noticed my military friend Sam walking towards the exit, which we were standing in front of. He looked up from the beautiful woman he was talking to and noticed me.

"Steve! What are you doing here?" He asked curiously. The woman holding his hand had beautiful carmel skin and short, straighten hair. She smiled and me to which I responded by nodding.

"Ma'am," I nodded in greeting. "Nice seeing you, Sam. I don't normally go to outings like these but I needed to get away," I said making small talk.

He nodded in understanding. "Something on your mind?"

"Someone," I responded.

He chuckled and patted my shoulder. "One of those nights, huh? I'm sure you'll get through it," he encouraged.

I smiled and thanked him humbly. He nodded before dismissing himself and his lady to leave.

I stood awkwardly by myself in the middle of the floor until I heard a whistle from a nearby table. Natasha was sitting cross legged and waving me over.

"Go get us some drinks would you?"

"I thought you said no getting drunk?" I asked. I really didn't want to deal with two drunk assassins tonight.

"I said no getting wasted. Now go get me a Strawberry Daiquiri," she said waving me off.

I sighed and walked, reluctantly, over to the bar. I saw Clint already on his third shot and advised him to slow down. Of course, all he did was order a fourth.

"What can I get ya' tonight?" The bar tender asked getting my attention.

I turned towards him to order but no words came out. Instead, I just stared at the nice looking man in front of me. He had short brown hair, nicely tanned skin, and emerald green eyes.

"Uh-" I cleared my throat, "Um, can I have a Strawberry Daiquiri and a beer?"

The man chuckled and set down the glass that he had been cleaning and tossed the rag over his shoulder.

"Coming right up," he smiled.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding once he turned around. Okay, so maybe I have a thing for men more so women. Maybe that's why I got beat up and rejected so much when I was younger but I can't help it.

If I could, I would.

But I can't.

"Here are your drinks, handsome." The brown haired bartender said sliding over the drinks I ordered.

I blushed at the nickname and slid the money over to him. He put the money in his pocket and winked at me.

"Um, thanks." I mumbled before taking the drinks and fast walking back to Natasha.

I set the drinks down and took my seat. When she didn't say anything I looked up at her from my drink.

"What?"

"What are you all flustered about?" She cocked her eyebrow.

I bit my lip and looked down at my beer. "Nothing," I lied. I tried to focus on the live music that was playing in the background and hoped she couldn't see passed my lie.

"Steven Grant Rogers," she warned, "did you meet someone?"

I blushed again at the thought of the breath taking bartender. No use in lying now.

"It was nobody. Just the bartender," I shrugged and took a sip of my beer to seem nonchalant.

Natasha wasn't buying my act.

A huge grin broke out across her face as she sipped her drink. Her eyes were peering over my shoulder.

"You mean the bartender that's on his way over here?" She asked.

I froze in my seat. I didn't want to turn around even though I knew he was behind me.

Reluctantly, I turned and saw him walking straight for our table. Now that he was out from behind the bar, I got a better look at him.

He was lean and almost as tall as me. His black jeans were hugging his legs and went nicely with the light blue sweatshirt he wore.

"Hey handsome. Who's this?" He asked smiling at Natasha.

Natasha sent me mischievous look before smiling at the nameless bartender.

"I'm his sister."

I choked on my drink causing both of them to look at me curiously.

"What?" I managed to squeak out.

They both grinned at me.

"Oh, good. So you won't mind if I ask him to dance?" He asked Natasha while keeping his piercing green eyes locked with my shocked blue ones.

"Of course not. You boys have fun," she winked at me.

Oh, she is evil.

The man, who looked around my age, held his hand out for me to take. I shot Natasha another glare before taking it and letting him lead me to the dance floor.

I didn't know what to do since there was a slow song playing. Luckily, he made the first move and placed his hands on my shoulders.

My ears grew hot as he guided my hands to rest on his waist. He only chuckled at my nervousness.

"So, uh, I never got your name," I said looking at him. Now that we were closer I could see the slight stubble under his chin. I wanted to run my fingers across it but he might get weirded out.

"Ace," he said smiling, "Ace Carter."

"Nice to meet you, Ace. I'm-"

"Steve Rogers," he filled in with a smile. "I know who you are."

I smiled because his smile was contagious. It was quiet for a while as we swayed back and forth. I tried to think of something to say.

"So, um, what's a nice looking guy like you doing working in a bar like this?" I asked causing him to chuckle.

"I work here every other night for extra cash. My mom is sick and my Dad left my sister and I when we were little," he replied truthfully.

I frowned at his saddened state. I reached up and tilted his head back up so I could see his eyes again. He smiled at me sadly and kissed my cheek. I blushed again.

"You're sweet, Steve. I like you," he smiled sheepishly.

"Thanks," I smiled not knowing what to say. At least I wasn't the only one embarrassed.

"Thanks for the dance," he said taking a half step away from me. "Never thought I'd catch the eye the eye of Captain America."

I just shrugged and smiled. "I guess I have a thing for brunettes."