Chapter 11

Tony's POV

"Sir, Captain Rogers is calling," Jarvis informed me through the Bluetooth in my car. I pulled out my phone and switched it off Bluetooth.

"Yes?" I said answering the phone.

"Hey, Tony. It's Ace."

I rolled my eyes at the name and got ready to hang up.

"What do you want?" I spat irritated that he called me off Steve's phone and while I'm on a date with Pepper.

"No, no! Don't hang up, please! Steve is panicking and he's cold to the touch and I really don't know what to d-"

"Panicking? What the hell did you do?!" I practically shouted at him. I knew there was a reason I didn't like this guy.

"I don't know! He told me to call you!"

"Okay, I'm coming to get him."

"Please, hurry. He's barely breathing."

That's all it took for me to hang up and get Happy's attention in the front seat.

"I have to get Steve. I want you to take Pepper home," I informed him.

"Is everything okay?" Happy and Pepper asked at the same time. I looked at her beside me before nodding.

"Yeah, just drop me off at that bar Dominic's."

Happy nodded and got me there within a few minutes. I hoped out and heard the car speed off behind me.

As soon as I entered the bar, I saw a pale Steve lying on the ground with Ace at his side. He was shivering and his head was resting on Ace's lap with jackets draped over him.

"What the hell happened?!" I yelled at Ace and got my knees next to Steve.

"Don't yell at me! It wasn't my fault! I left to talk to my mom and when I got back, he was on the ground," Ace desperately tried explaining.

I rolled my eyes and placed the back of my hand to Steve's forehead then his neck.

His skin was ice cold.

I was still confused when Steve began mumbling things. I could barely hear him so I pulled him off of Ace's lap and towards me. His head was laying on my shoulder and I could make out what he was saying now.

"She was my friend. I left her. She was my friend," he whispered over an over in a haze.

My brow stitched together in confusion and I looked at Ace. He only shrugged.

Some help he is.

I noticed Steve's eyes began to flutter closed and I started to panic. This was how Steve died in one of my anxiety attack visions. I have to keep it together or else I'll have an anxiety attack also.

I checked Steve's pulse and knew I had to keep him awake or he won't make it back to the lab.

"Steve, baby, stay awake for me. Can you hear me? I need you to keep your eyes open," I coached.

I could feel Ace's glare for using a pet name on Steve, which surprised me also, but I don't care right now. It just slipped out.

Steve nodded his head slightly and I smiled.

"Good job. Just stay awake. We're going to go home," I said pulling him closer to me in a hug. He stopped shaking some and I held his hands in mine.

"Let's go. Ace," I said getting the green eyed boy's attention, "help me get him up."

Ace took Steve's arm and we gently pulled him to his feet. I put Steve's arm around my shoulders and an arm around his back. He leaned onto me to steady himself.