Chapter 9

Steve's POV

Of course he's gone.

I don't know why I thought he would stay. Maybe because I wanted him to.

I groggily woke up and padded my way to the kitchen. Natasha and Pietro were in there chatting about something.

"Good morning," I greeted tiredly. I didn't feel much like talking but that's no reason to be rude.

"Morning," Pietro beamed.

"Hey Steve," Natasha waved and slid me over some leftover bacon and toast.

"Thanks. Have you seen Tony?" I asked.

"Him and Pepper went out today," Pietro responded. I nodded and Natasha raised an eyebrow at me suspiciously.

I wanted to tell her but not in front of Pietro.

"Pietro, why don't you tell him," Natasha said smiling at him supportively.

"Tell me what?"

Pietro shifted in his chair a bit but had a sheepish smile on his face.

"I'm gay too and-" he looked at Natasha, who smiled at him encouragingly, before continuing, "and I like Clint."

I nearly 'awwed' at the young Sokovian who was playing with his fingers and had a shy smile on his face.

"That's sweet," I said smiling. He grinned and nodded excitedly.

"I told him he should tell him," Natasha chimed in.

"I can't do that!" Pietro whisper yelled as if Clint was right outside the kitchen.

"And why not?" She asked him and took a sip from her mug.

"I'm afraid he'll hate me and never talk to me again," he said sadly, stirring the forgotten Cheerios around in his bowl.

I could completely understand him on that.

Natasha looked from me to Pietro then back to me before scoffing.

"Geez, why is everyone afraid of gay love?"

I laughed and Pietro cracked a smile.

"I think any type of love is complicated," I responded. She hummed in response and Clint walked in.

I tried not to make contact with Pietro to make it obvious but Clint sort of figured we were talking about him because we all got quiet.

"Didn't know you guys had a mute button," Clint scoffed and poured himself some juice.

"You have training this morning?" I asked noticing his sweatpants and T-shirt that already looked damp with sweat.

He nodded and Pietro nearly jumped out of his seat.

"Me too!" He shouted gleefully.

Clint rolled his eyes immediately causing Pietro's smile to fall a bit. Clint finished his juice quickly, putting his glass in the sink at the same time Pietro dropped his bowl in there.

Since Pietro was "speed walking" he nearly ran into Clint. I raised my eyebrow at their awkward behavior but I was laughing on the inside.

"We can walk to training together," Pietro beamed and flashed his pearly whites. It seemed Clint couldn't resist because a small smile made its way on his lips.

"Yeah, okay."

I nudged Natasha to look at them and their cuteness, even though she was already watching.

"They're adorable," she said upon their exit. I nodded in agreement and she looked at mischievously.

"Now we just gotta get you and Tony together," she winked.

My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"W-what? No. Tony? He's just-"

"He's jealous."

"What?"

"Tony's jealous of you and Ace."

I blinked a few times taking in what she just said. It's basically what he was telling me last night when he was drunk.

Should I tell her about last night? Might as well. She's going to find out anyway; she always does.

"Tasha, I have to tell you something."

"Yes?" She said putting her mug down.

I traced the tiny designs of the marble countertops before facing her.

"Um, last night. Pepper told me to check on Tony because he was piss drunk and..."

She raised an eyebrow, "And?"

I looked around to make sure no one was there before dropping my voice to a whisper:

"We kissed."

"Steven!" She yelled, her eyes widening.

"Shh!" I said looking around again before adding, "It was nothing. Just a drunk kiss."

"Nothing? I don't think so," she laughed and shook her head. "Who started the kiss?"

"He did."

"Steven!!" She yelled louder.

Oh my gosh. I picked up the cereal box that Pietro had and banged my head against it. She laughed and snatched the box from my hands.

"Do you know what this means?" She whispered now.

"What?"

"He totally likes you," she said matter-a-factly.

"But he has Pepper?" I questioned.

"Just talk to him, Steve," she encouraged.

I thought for a moment before saying, "When is he getting back?"

"Knowing Tony, he probably won't be back until later tonight."

I nodded before turning to walk away.

"Where are you going?" She called out to me.

"I'm going out."

***A/N***

Another update! Weeee! XD

It's kinda early but I'm going try to write a whole bunch today so...maybe I can update again? Lol idk we'll see

I'm super excited for you guys to read what's next *insert smirk emoji*

Thanks for all the love and support on my previous chapter!

Byeee!!

*immediately starts writing next chapter*