Chapter 4

Tony's POV

"You need to be nicer to him," I advised Clint. Clint had came down to the lab to make sure I was 'okay' and to rant about how annoying Pietro was.

He scoffed, "Then you be nicer to Steve."

"I am nice to Steve," I said with my eyebrow cocked but it sounded more like a question. I'm nice to Steve, right? Well, I was never mean to him.

"Yeah, whatever. Screaming at someone for being gay isn't necessarily classified as nice," he said from his rolly chair across the room. I was standing in the open center of the room looking at a hologram.

"I did not yell at him," I pouted slightly. "I think I deserved to know given that we're friends and he's living in my tower."

"Nope," he said shaking his head, "I don't think that's how it works."

"Whatever. Say, what's the name of that place you went to last night?"

"Dominic's, why?"

"Just asking," I said with a shrug. "Did you meet someone too?"

He shook his head. "Nah, but I told Pietro I did."

"Why would you do that?" I asked, tapping away at my hologram screen.

"I don't know. He just kept asking and I wanted him to be quiet for once," he said frustrated. He didn't sound like he was mad at me but mad at himself.

"Are you gay, Clint?" I asked bluntly.

He gasped and gave me a death glare. "Why would you ask me that?!"

I smirked and shrugged. "Just this whole," I made hand motion, "Pietro thing? It's getting to you, man."

Clint huffed and stood up abruptly.

"I don't feel like putting up with you right now, Stark. I'm going to bed," he said in an exhausted tone.

I waved him off and he left without another word. When I was sure he was gone, I turned back to my holographic screen.

"Jarvis, pull up the employment record for Dominic's. We're looking for a guy named Ace," I said grabbing a granola bar off my desk and taking a bite.

"Right away, Sir."

I gnawed on my snack as files began to flash on screen. I leaned back in my chair when the searching stopped on a specific employee file.

"That one," I pointed to it, "bring it here."

It hovered over to me and a swiped quickly through the information.

Name: Ace Avon Carter

Age: 29

Sex: Male

Siblings: Sharon Carter

*No further information provided*

"What kind of file is this?" I asked out loud.

"I've found a resume from a previous job, Sir."

"Let me see," I said calling the file over to me.

I read it over. It was an application for an internship at a local hospital. Apparently, he graduated with a Master's degree in BioMed.

"Dammit," I muttered. I don't even know what I'm looking for. I can't find a single thing wrong with this "Ace" character no matter how bad I wanted to.

I don't want Steve around him and I don't even have a good reason why. I groaned and searched everything again.

Soon, I lost track of time and it was midnight. I decided to head upstairs to get some shut eye.

I was walking down the hall when I heard the TV still on. I peeked in the living room and heard sniffles.

I know people say I'm selfish but I'm not cold hearted.

I stepped into the room to see Pietro curled up under twelve blankets and tears in his eyes. He immediately straighten up when he saw me, wiping his eyes with his long sleeve shirt.

"I didn't know anyone was awake," he croaked. His voice sounded raw from crying but his accent was still thick through it all.

"Me neither. Why're you crying?" I asked quickly getting to the point.

"Nothing," he said a little to quickly, "i-it's just this film is v-very sad."

I peered up at the 70 inch TV before taking a seat on the opposite couch.

"Pietro, you're watching White Chicks?" I asked suspiciously.

The smiled sadly before nodding. "I know. I needed something to cheer me up."

"You still never answered my question, kid," I chuckled.

After twiddling his thumbs for a while and laughing mindlessly at a joke on TV, I spoke up again.

"Listen, I know I'm not the one that people normally talk to about these sort of things but-"

"Does Clint hate me?" He asked miserably.

I sighed and shook my head. "Of course not. He's just...confused?" I tried to explain.

"I knew he hated me!" He said suddenly and began to cry again. My eyes got wide because, honestly, I thought I was doing a good job keeping him at bay.

"He yells at me all the time and he had sex with some random girl just to-"

"Pietro, shh. Calm down," I said trying to calm him babbling. He sniffed again and rocked back and forth under his covers.

I felt the sudden urge to do something more to comfort him but I was glued to my seat. I wanted to hug him because he was literally shaking back and forth because of his speed factor.

I finally managed to stand and walk over to him. I rubbed the back of the troubled boy sitting down.

I was sitting next to him now and he was practically crying in my shoulder. I continued to rub his back until he calmed down.

"Th-thank you," he mumbled.

I shrugged, "it's no problem. I know I'm not Wanda or Steve but- I'm here too."

He smiled at me and nodded. "Thanks, Stark. You're not as much a selfish bastard as everyone makes you out to be."

I laughed and stood up. "Gee, thanks. And you're not an annoying prick; you're just misunderstood."

He chuckled and punched my shoulder lightly.

"Thanks," he scoffed.

I nodded but before I left, I added something that would probably help him sleep tonight.

"Oh, and Clint never had a girl. He lied."

Pietro's blue eyes lit up in the dark with a smile lingering on his lips and I left without another word.

***A/N***

Hey!!!

First week of school was crazy but I plan on writing this weekend *rubs hands together evilly* ehehe

The support and love for this series/story is CRAAZYYY!

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU ALL!

I love all the comments! Thanks so much for them!

Question?! What do you think will happen next?

I love to read all of your thoughts XD

Also! Have you seen the official Civil War teams? *opens the nearest window* I'm so done.

Lol okay thanks again!

Byeee!