Chapter 23

Tony's POV

I decided to keep my mouth shut only because Clint is my best friend and he practically begged me. He told us that he would announce it to the whole team once they came downstairs for breakfast.

So, here we are.

All of us are sitting downstairs at the table, eating charred bacon and fluffy waffles-- Steve helped with the waffle part.

I cleared my throat and everyone at the silent table seemed to look up at me. I was looking at Clint, though. I made a gesture with my head and he sighed.

"What's going on here?" Tasha perked up.

"Yeah, Clint. What's going on?" I asked with a smirk. Steve nudged me under the table and gave me a warning look but I just shrugged.

Clint flicked me off discreetly before setting his fork down and making eye contact with Pietro beside him.

"Um," stratched behind his head, "Pietro and I are...dating." He said the last word quick like ripping off a band aid.

"Finally!" Tasha threw her hands in the air.

"I knew it!" Wanda cheered victoriously and jumped up to hug her brother.

"Actually, we-uh-"

"What's wrong?" Wanda said pulling back and looked at Pietro who had stopped talking but still had a smile on his face.

"We've been dating for a little over a week now," Pietro said confidently, reaching out to grab Clint's hand.

"Whoa, how come I didn't know this?" I said now, setting my fork down.

"Yeah, Clint. How come?" Pietro said with a smug smile.

"Gee, I don't know-"

"Clint was scared to come out," Pietro said cutting Clint off.

"Was not!" Clint pouted.

"Oh yeah?" Pietro challenged.

I shook my head because these two could go on forever; and they say Steve and I argue a lot.

"Yeah," Clint said just as confidently.

"Prove it," Pietro grinned.

"Okay," Clint shrugged, "how?"

"Kiss me."

The whole room erupted in whistles and cat calls. I couldn't help but laugh at Clint because his face turned beet red.

Pietro was laughing too because he thought Clint wouldn't do it. However, Clint muttered a quick "fine" before smashing their lips together.

Everyone cheered louder as Pietro was pulled into the unexpected kiss. I looked at Steve, who was beside me, to see him laughing also. He looked so lively and I considered pulling him in for a lip locking kiss for a second before deciding against it.

"Earth to Tony! Hello!" I looked to my other side to see Bruce snapping his finger in front of my face.

"Huh, what?"

"Never mind," he chuckled, "I'll ask later."

I was about to insist he ask now before I forget but Clint interrupted me.

"What about you, Stark? Anything you have to share?"

He had a smug look on his face and it was my turn to give him the finger.

"Fuck you, Barton."

"We could but I don't think Steve would like that," Clint says with a suggestive smirk.