Chapter 2 - Cinder

Cinder clapped her hands together as the comn ended.

"Another day another success." muttered Cinder sarcastically as she stood up. That was just some stupid motto she remembered someone saying.

"Do you need anything my queen?" questioned one her maids who waited on her every need.

"Just a glass of water will do please."

"No problem my queen."

But the little orange light flickered in the corner of Cinder's vision and she knew that the maid was lying. She really did think it was a problem to get Cinder a tiny glass of water.

Some people don't believe that Cinder is the true heir. They just do as Cinder says because their scared of her. Scared of the fact that Cinder could end of just like her aunt, Queen Levana.

It was always lurking in the back of Cinder's mind she she could become the new Levana. She was always doing everything in her power to be the best possible queen. She even hasn't been using her glamour, and it was taking it's tole.

    The box that kept Cinder from using her gift had broken in her last fight with Levana's guards. Now Cinder was slowly going mad. Sometimes her whole face would turn metal. Cinder would hide in her office for hours until her face returned to "normal."

    "Here you go your majesty." Cinder's maid had brought back her water, snapping her out of her thoughts.

    "Thanks." muttered Cinder as she took the water and gave her maid a small smile.

    Her maid curtseyed then walked off to do other duties.

    Cinder raised the glass to her lips and took a big gulp. Water was just what she need right now. She stood up and walked back to her bedroom to start getting things together. In less than 48 hours she would be on a ship to the Eastern Commonwealth. In 48 hours she would see Kai again.