Chapter 3 - Grace Riviera ✈️

Grace stared out of the plane window at the fluffy white clouds standing in golden peaks. She was officially on summer holidays. Of course, in Europe it wouldn't be summer.

Sometimes living in Australia and having family in England sucked. Grace had been dreaming of the perfect holiday. Days lying on sun kissed beaches, having barbecues and pavlova. Ice creams from her favourite shop. Pool parties with her friends. But at the last minute Grace's grandma had inconveniently died.

Now she was off to sunny ol' England where countless aunties and uncles, cousins and step cousins would have to be dealt with.

She also had another problem. Grace urgently needed to talk to her parents. She'd kept putting it off and now the painful conversation would have to happen on the flight. There was no other time for it.

It had started in the last weeks of school. Grace was being bullied by a couple of girls. They'd stamped on her bag and taken her bus money and for once Grace didn't have her smart-rider.

She had started walking home, but then she was running, tears streaming down her face and then... then she was in her bedroom.

Grace had freaked. She had no memory of going through the front door or climbing the stairs. She had gone downstairs, confused and afraid. The door had been locked. The keys were still in her bag.

Had she blacked out? Walked through the door and locked it behind her in a trance?

It had happened again and again. She could even go to other places, once the inside of a locked restaurant! Now that's a long story. After studying old comics Grace reached the only plausible explanation. She could teleport.

She hadn't told anyone. Who would believe her? She decided that she would  reveal her secret in the summer holidays. Only now those holidays were here.

"Mum, Dad..." Grace swallowed feeling sick. Her parents would think she was crazy.

BANG!

Grace gasped, and then she was falling through the cloud she had been staring at earlier.

"Aieeeee!" Grace squealed - hey, being  approximately 30 000 feet in the air will do that to a girl. Or a boy, for that matter.

Grace couldn't focus, couldn't teleport back to the plane. Couldn't teleport anywhere.

And then she saw the ground. The ground that would soon be decorated with her body.

Focus, she said to herself, focus. She closed her eyes and tried to take deep breaths. Not as easy as it sounds.

She opened her eyes again, which were stinging from the relentless airflow, and concentrated on a patch of ground.

And then she fell gently onto her knees in the soft dirt.

Just in time to see the plane she had just vacated, plow into a nearby field and explode.

The plane with her parents on it.

✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

Author's Note
Hey Guys! So just to clear up any confusion, Iris (who narrated the first chapter) will be back and the chapters told from third person about other characters (like this one) are there to provide essential information about other characters in the story which we wouldn't know if Iris just narrated the whole time. I wrote it this way so it's easier to get to know all the characters  and to provide a bit of backstory.

Also I am going to try and update every Saturday, so if you ever need to check whether there's an update Saturday night or Sunday morning would be the best time. 

So thanks a lot for reading, constructive criticism is welcome, ( though don't slay me) and please feel free to recommend, vote and comment.

Hope you like!

Ps. Next chapter is going to explain about what buzzers are and everything, so please keep reading😇!