Chapter 16

I stormed out of the room like an avalanche. Bloody hell. What Aaron had done to me... It still made my blood boil. That I could be controlled like that...

A hand brushed my shoulder and my muscles tensed. I spun round my hands already curling into fists. 

"Are you okay Audrey?" It was Grace. "You just seem a little... on edge." 

I was buzzing so much my whole body felt like it had pins and needles. I smiled coldly at Grace and she backed up a couple of steps. 

"You can teleport. Get yourself the hell out of here while you still can." 

 I had no further advice to give. In fact I had nothing else to give. Period. 

I kept walking to my room, the energy inside me sprinting around my body. The corridor outside my room was empty, but when I entered, someone else entered behind me. 

Chris. 

"Look," He said,  putting his hands up. "I just want to say I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you." 

"Get out of my room." 

"I would have never harmed you like that. You aren't nice, but I'm not a bad person! I don't like hurting people. I'll never do that again." 

"Get out." 

"Audrey..."

I took three steps towards him and shoved him as hard as I could. Stunned he fell backwards onto my bed. Buzzing like crazy, I moved to punch him but he rolled and my fist hit nothing but fabric. 

"Audrey! Stop!" He scrambled off the bed and raised his hands again in a placating, defensive gesture. 

I moved towards him and with a yelp I felt his power in my head, clamping my magic. 

I snarled and pushed forwards shoving his hands aside, gripping his shoulders and slamming him backwards into the wall. His head hit the wall hard with a thunk and I felt his power stop. 

"That's right." I whispered. He looked at me, his eyes wide. We were so close, that if I wasn't violently hurting him we could have kissed. "Don't fucking cross me again. Next time I'll be ready." 

I let him go and moved away. My back to him, I heard the door quietly shut. 

I sank onto my bed only seconds before tears blurred my vision and then I was crying hard. 

My stupid brother had magic.