9

A/N: Shoutout to @Brown21100 for voting! Thx so much!

For ten days, we remained at the clearing. On the tenth night, Pugna asks me,

So we can leave tomorrow, little one?

Yes. You know I don't like you calling me little.

But it's true! Compared to me you are a fly. Should I lie and say 'giant one'?

It is true that I am little compared to her. After ten days, Pugna grew so much that her knee was taller than my head, and I'm almost six feet tall! I had flown with her a few times, and it was exhilarating. I made a saddle out of a sacrificed leather jacket like the one Eragon first had in the book.

I curl up beside Pugna to sleep for the last time in our clearing.

|•|•|•|

When I wake up, Pugna is still asleep. I begin to gather our things, packing everything into my backpack. When I'm finished and Pugna still isn't up, I shake her as violently as I can and she grudgingly stands up.

Come on, I say, strapping the makeshift saddle to her back. Pugna's mood shifts and she becomes excited for the adventure. When I'm strapped in, she playfully asks, shall we fly?

We shall.

She jumps up into the air and flaps her massive wings. We shoot upwards and outwards, flying away from the forest and the elves.

It's a good thing you grow so fast, I say to Pugna, we need your strength to cross the sea.

Mmph.

We fly in silence for a while, passing over villages and towns full of amazed people. Soon, we reach the heart of the Hadarac Desert. I suggest a detour to Pugna. She agrees and we change direction towards Du Fells Nangroth, The Blasted Mountains. We land on a plateau on the top of one of the sandstone monoliths to pay our respects to Brom, Eragon's father. He's encased in a glimmering diamond tombstone.

Finished? Pugna asks me.

Yes.

We head off again, not talking. Wow, this is boring, I think to myself. I begin to search my backpack again out of pure boredom.

As I'm searching, my nail catches on something. A secret pocket! Excitement piqued, I pry open the pocket and pull out a single sheet of paper. I unfold the paper to reveal...

A map!

Really? Asks Pugna. All that hype for a map?

It's not just any map, I say, it's a map to Eragon's hall! A note flutters out and I have to bend out of the saddle until I feel I'm about to fall into the sea below us to catch it. It's a hastily scrawled note from Alydia. It reads:

Dear Sabrina and her future dragon,
I foresee that you will need this map, so use it well and don't let it fall in the wrong hands.

With love, Alydia

P.S. I'm sorry I don't know your dragon's name, I can't see that far in the future. Please give her my most heartfelt apologies.