20

A/N: Sorry for the long update :/

Eragon, Saphira interrupts my thoughts.

What?!

Get a hold of yourself! You are mooning over this girl. Remember Arya?

I'm not cheating on her or anything, if that's what you're hinting at, I say angrily.

That is not what I mean! She exclaims.

Then what do you mean?

Eragon, you know what I mean. You cannot have a relationship with this girl. First of all, I still consider her our student, even if she isn't learning much from us. Secondly, you are almost eighty years old! It would be quite unseemly for you to consort with an eighteen year old girl. 

I still look seventeen.

But you are not, Eragon! Look within yourself, you know I am correct.

I have to admit defeat. Alright..., I say.

You promise to restrain yourself? Remember, this girl could save both of our necks.

I promise.

|•|•|•|

How do you know?! Pug and exclaims in my mind.

I saw Alydia and this guy run away from something on a forest, and he kept asking her to go back to a library, but she went into a house and they both disappeared into a mirror. Then they reappeared here! I say this all very fast, excitement rising.

But... You don't think-

Yes! He's the other half of the prophecy!

No..., Pugna says sarcastically.

Well, I think all we can do is continue on to the Shifters' territory.

True. Let's be off then.

We fly for about twenty minutes when I see movement on the frozen plain below.

Go down. I tell Pugna.

She descends without complaint and I see a tawny fox crouched in the underbrush.

Reminded of Alydia, I go on a whim and say "hello" to the fox.

As expected, the fox begins to morph into a handsome man. He appears to be about twenty years old and has light brown hair. "Hello," he replies.

"I am Sabrina and this is Pugna," I say, introducing us.

"Welcome to the land of the Shape Shifters, Sabrina, Pugna. I am Troy."

"Hello, Troy, we were wondering if you could lead us to your king, Marcus? We need to discuss something of great importance with him."

"Might I ask what you wish to take up with my King?" He says suspiciously.

It regards a prophecy that your king may have made, interjects Pugna.