15

Pain, mind numbing pain splits my brain in half. Strange images flash on my eyelids as someone searches my mind. Me at school, finding Pugna, and sparring with Eragon, to name a few. 

After what feels like hours, the presence exits my mind. Then, I feel someone lightly slapping my face to get me to wake up. Remembering that Pugna and I were captured by someone, I clench my eyes shut, so as not to give our captors the satisfaction of seeing me wake up.

"Sabrina,"

I want to ignore the voice, but it's so caring, so motherly, that I have no choice but to open my eyes.

"Good, that's the ticket!" Says the voice cheerily.

I sit up and behold my 'captor'. She's a short, curly haired woman with bright green eyes and a merry smile.

"Nice to meet you Angela," I greet her.

"Yes, yes it is, isn't it? Though I would've preferred to not have to shoot you, you two were just too close to my cave and I didn't want anyone to know how to get in here, let alone one of Eragon's cronies. However, once I saw that you weren't really affiliated with Eragon, I woke you at once!" She said this all very fast and happily.

"Cool..." I say, overwhelmed.

Unperturbed by my shock, she goes on. "Well, welcome to my humble abode!" Looking around, I see her abode is far from humble. The ceiling is draped with dried plants of all varieties, and there are plush couches and bookshelves scattered all around the huge sitting room. Doors leading to other rooms are all along the stone walls covered in colorful rugs and fairths of plants.

Jolting me out of my reverie, Angela shouts at a door. "Elva! Come in here! We have guests! ELVA!"

"Elva's here?" I ask curiously.

"Yes-" Angela springs up and stomps to one of the doors. "ELVA YOU CAN NOT STAY SULKING IN THERE FOREVER! Not while this is my house!"

Suddenly a door behind Angela opens silently and a young woman walks in. She's very beautiful, with a slim figure, long dark hair, and haunting purple eyes. Smirking, she glides over to my chair and sits next to me while Angela continues to shout at the door.

"I don't know where that child went," says Angela tiredly, resting her head on the door. Then she turns around and spots Elva sitting next to me.

"ELVA! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT?! AND YOU!" She rounds on me. "WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?"

Elva and I smirk at Angela's reaction. She huffs and plops down in the chair opposite us.

"Sabrina, I daresay you already know of Elva?" Says Angela, back to usual cheery manner.

I nod, surprised by the sudden mood swings.

"Good, so Sabrina, what are you here for?" Asks Angela kindly.

Ignoring the question, I first ask, "where's Pugna?"

Angela smiles. "In the next room. Now answer my question." 

"Well, Eragon said you might know what's up with this..." I draw my dagger and present it to her hilt first.  She gazes at it. Elva leans in as well to scrutinize the strange lines.

"Can I have the sheath as well?" Inquires Angela.

I wordlessly unclip it from my belt and hand it over.

"I did not make this prophecy, but I do happen to know who did. Or at least I think I do. An old friend of mine. One of the Shifters-"

"What?" I interrupt. "Like Alydia?" I haven't thought about Alydia for a while, but now all the unanswered questions come back to me.