10

A/N: I know the past few chapters have been pretty boring, so here's a doozy!!! Thx for reading!

Eragon, wake up, says Saphira's voice in my head.

Mmph... I reply, not wanting to get up.

Little one!

What?

Someone's outside.

Who is it? I ask.

Blödgharm. She replies.

Gar... Tell him I'll be right there.

Of course, Eragon.

I jump out of bed and throw on a tunic and leggings. I head to the door and Saphira snorts. I look down and see that I am wearing no shoes. I hastily throw some boots on, belt on Brisingr, and head out the door. Directly outside, Blödgharm is waiting for me.

"Eragon-elda," he bows. "I am sorry to wake you, but Fiona and Gaela are still having trouble finding their magic abilities. We've been up all night and they are starting to get very tired..."

Irritated, I say "couldn't you have dealt with this on your own? This has happened before, and you should be able to handle it."

Now it's Blödgharm's turn to be angry. "Eragon, we were just worried that they might have no magic at all, and-"

He's interrupted by another elf running in our direction. "Eragon-elda!" He says, out of breath.

"Yes?" I reply curtly.

"There is a girl and her dragon out by the forest. They are approaching the eastern entrance!"

"What does the girl look like?" I ask urgently, ignoring Blödgharm.

The elf tells me to look into his mind, so I do and widen my connection with Saphira so she can see as well.

The elf shows us a picture of an enormous dragon and...

That's Sabrina, isn't it? Asks Saphira.

Aye. I retreat out of the elf's mind.

"Tell the guards to stand down. They are not our enemies." I tell him, and he leaves.

"Who is she?" Asks Blödgharm urgently, angry at being kept out of the loop.

"Sabrina," I reply, showing him the mental picture.

"Eragon, how did her dragon get so large so fast? I was told that she only arrived in Ellesmera a few weeks ago!"

So was I, I think to myself. "I do not know. Queen Arya only told me that the girl might have had escaped with a dragon egg. She did not know for sure... If you'll do me a favor Blödgharm, could you inform Arya of the current development?"

"Of course," he replies curtly, exiting the hallway.

I return to my room and sit next to Saphira.

We'll need to go meet them, won't we Eragon?

Yes... I just want to know how the dragon got so big! It should only be a few weeks old, yet it is almost the size of a five year old dragon.

Come then, let us go ask them, she replies.

Hmm... I climb onto Saphira and we soar out of the dragon sized window.

|•|•|•|

As we walk towards the squat little mountain, Pugna sees a blue blob soar away from the rock.