13

This place is boring, complains Pugna.

I know, but we can't really run away again.

We weren't necessarily running away in Ellesmera, she replies.

Yes we were Pug, and I really don't want to make enemies with Eragon, I rebuke.

Why not? She replies. You beat him in battle.

Once.

Twice, remember, you sparred with him again yesterday and you beat him even faster then.

Yes, but he could incapacitate my thoughts! Also, Eragon has a hundred other riders behind him.

True, but I am a better flier than all but Saphira and maybe Fírnen.

Hmm.

Besides, we are wasting time here! We need to go out and find Angela the herbalist.

Ever since Pugna had heard about this woman, she had wanted to go find her. Eragon had said that it might've been her that had made my dagger and predicted my fate.

I agree that we must find her, but are we really ready? I wonder.

Yes! Every single thing that has come out of Eragon's mouth this past week we have already known.

Maybe he's saving the good stuff for later, I say stubbornly.

Little one, do you really believe we are doing anything productive by staying in these mountains?

...No, I answer, albeit grudgingly.

Then let us leave! I grow restless and worried that if we stay here too long, we may never find Angela.

Fine, we'll go. But I'm leaving a note for Eragon.

Fine, says Pugna happily.

After writing a short note to Eragon, I gather our meager belongings and put them in Pugna's saddlebag.

I feel bad running away again.

Don't. Admonishes Pugna. Now where did Eragon say Angela was again?

Struggling to recall the memory, I say,

Um, I think he said Angela was somewhere near the Beors.

Then that's where we'll go, Pugna decides.

And without further ado, she leaps out the open window.

|•|•|•|

Eragon! Shouts a voice in my head.

What? I am teaching a class! I reply angrily, refocusing my attention on the young riders before me.

As am I, but Blödgharm just informed me that-

Sabrina and Pugna left, didn't they, I interrupt sadly. I knew that once I had told them about Angela they would want to leave.