20. I gave up. Did you too?

*few weeks later*

Matt kept texting me saying he was sorry but I never answer them.

Matts POV;

Everytime I thought about Cassie, I kept thinking "Matt wtf is wrong with you. you had the most beautiful girl ever and you blew it for the third time."

I picked up my phone and saw the Sara texted me

from: Sara

Hey cutie, we havent talked in a while call me soon xxx

to: Sara

can you just please leave me alone

I then called Meghan.

*ring.ring.ring*

"What do you want Matt"

"Meghan I really need to talk to Cassie. I know your her best friend so she tells you everything. Please let me talk to her."

"I really dont think thats the best thing for her right now"

"Okay fine then can you please tell her im so extremely sorry and i love her more than anything in the world"

I didnt even wait for a response i just hung up and went on twitter. Fans always cheer me up.

I scrolled down twitter and i saw Cassie post a tweet.

"How could you do that to someone you love? You obviously dont love me anymore.."

I looked through all the comments and a lot of them were asking if Cassie and I broke up.

"I do love you. Forever and Always♡"

I kind of regreted posting that but that was the only way she would see it.

A couple minutes later I got so many tweets.

I didnt reply to any of them. I was so heartbroken and disappointed in myself.

Thats the last thing i remember.

I woke up to Aaron shaking his head at me while i was laying in my bed.

was that all just a dream?

did i just imagine that?

i grabbed my phone and looked at my recent texts.

NOPE. it was real.

shit.

"Matthew Anthony Johnson"

"what"

"You're an idiot dude"

"no shit sherlock"

We decided to go to starbucks and get coffee before we went to school. Yup Monday morning is amazing right? No..

We decided to go inside because we were wanted to chill inside like always.

We walk in and my heart shatters.

I hear Cassies laugh.

I turn around and see her with Logan.

She sees me and stops laughing.. I could see the hurt in her eyes.

I just stare at her for a couple seconds until Aaron snaps me out of it.

I miss her beautiful smile. Eyes. Laugh. Everything about her. How she blushes when i call her beautiful or how she hides her face because shes blushes so hard. how i just could kiss her anytime i want. i miss her.

I decide to forget about my starbucks and I walk over to her.

"Cassie can we talk?"

"Matt I--"

"Please just for a few minutes"

"Logan ill be right back"

"ight babe"

Did he just call my girl babe?

and plus Cassie hates the word "ight" she thinks its impolite and rude.

oh wait. shes not mine.. anymore

"You have 5 minutes" she says as we walk out of starbucks. We decide to sit on the curb.

"Cassie im so sorry. I got drunk and i know you hate when i do because i do stupid things, i was so stressed out with everything and i just needed to forget about that for one night. I know you probably dont love and care about me anymore but i just wanted to tell you, to be honest i dont think i will ever stop loving and caring about you."

"Matt i do love and care about you. I just cant trust you"

"I know and im so sorry about that"

"I cant just get over this and forget about it. I really think we should just move on to different people and forget about "us" for a little."

"i cant."

"matt please"

I put my head in my hands and just sat there for a little bit. I didnt want her to take me back because I was scared I would hurt her again but I hate seeing her with Logan.

"do you love him?"

"No. not as much as i loved you"

"does he make you happy? is he nice to you? does he treat you like a princess?"

"matt why are you asking me--"

"cassie just answer it. yes or no"

"yes" she says in a low voice.

I just got up and walked back into starbucks. She followed me.

"Matt wait" cassie yelled behind me

I just ignored her and walked over to Logan.

Cassie grabbed my hand and I turned around. We were centimeters apart.

"dont hurt her. or i swear if you do i will kill you." i said looking at Logan.

I turned to aaron and mouthed meet me in the car. he nodded and got up and walked out.

i turned around and looked down at mine and cassies hand. we were still holding hands. I let go. looked her in her eyes and said something that i never thought id say

"Bye Cassie. i guess for good this time"

I didnt even wait for a response i just walked out. I heard her call my name but i just ignored it.

I got in the car and Aaron and I drove to school.