Chapter Two

My mom says it's her house, but when it's time to clean, it magically becomes my house too.

• Grayson's pøv •

There was an annoying noise going off beside my head and I groaned as I opened my eyes, grabbing my phone. It was 12:03AM as I opened iMessage  on my cell with my eyes squinted.

To: Drew

Happy birthday man. As your best friend I have the duty to wish you happy birthday first, like always. Hope it's a good one. // 12:05AM

I sent the text and then locked my phone, rolling over and going back to sleep.

~~ 7:00AM ~~

"Graybear!" Joey dragged on loudly in my ear. "Joey, stop screaming I can freaking hear you!" I yelled back. He laughed like the little maniac he was and I could hear him scurry out of my bedroom then I rolled out of my bed like a pro.

Just kidding.

I fell on the floor.

Suddenly there was a feminine laugh from the door and upon my glancing up I glared at her. "Would you like a side of epic with that fail?" Megan questioned playfully.  And this is why I hate the pack house. I stood from my floor and chased Megan down the stairs with her calling back to me, "Don't fall on the stairs too Gray." "Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. Get your ass back here woman." "Nope!" She shouted popping the 'p'. "Fine. I'm too tired to run anyways." "Lazy ass." I finally reached Megan and grabbed her waist, pulling her to me. I looked her in the eyes and said "Bring it." "Fight me." She countered.

"Can't hit a girl." I smiled sweetly while releasing her and walking to Drew's bedroom. I opened his door to find him still asleep. Running in, I jumped on him with my knee smashing into some unknown body part. "Wake up sexy." I laughed. "It's my birthday let me sleep." I rolled my eyes, I swear I'm more excited about who his mate is than he is. 

"You awake yet?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"Nope."

"Now?"

"Nooo."

"What about... Right now?"

"Go away Gray." He sleepily grumbled. 

"Mama Miaaaa!" I sang loudly. "Yeah?" My mother answered quietly, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes with her fists while yawning. "Morning Ma. What's for breakfast?" "Go make you own breakfast Gray." "Rude." "Yeah, yeah." She yawned again, dismissing our conversation with just a wave of her dainty hand.

My father came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in the crook of her neck. "Morning." He said to us both. "Morning dad." I responded dryly. "Bye." I said abruptly. "Where are you going?" "To the magical land of Narnia where people offer me food." I left them and waltzed into the kitchen.

Pancakes are the best breakfast you could ever make. No joke. Mate or not, if you make me pancakes I will love you unconditionally. Real talk.

A tired Drew walked in, "I can sense her..." Drew trailed off. "But I'm eating first." "Wow. Really?" I asked in disbelief. "I'm hungry." He shrugged, his stomach growled like it was confirming his statement. As we took the last bites of our breakfast my mother came in. "Can I paint my room black, Ma?" "No." She shot down. "How come?" I asked as my father entered the kitchen. "Because this is my house-" Dad cleared his throat, "Our house." She corrected herself.