Chapter Nine

I will master this flying thing one day.

• Grayson's pøv •

I woke up again for the fifth time and decided that I should just take a shower and get ready for the day. I grabbed my phone and checked the time - 5:46AM. Man, I wish I could just sleep in for once. Oh yeah.. We found my phone in the trunk of the Charger. I turned on the shower and groaned in annoyance. There's no hot water. Of course. I've also been really moody lately. It's like I'm on my period or something. You know.. If I had a period.

After my ice cold shower I put on a clean pair of boxers, socks, light blue ripped jeans, and a black muscle shirt with a red plaid flannel over top. I ran my fingers through my hair to make a really bad quality quiff and then I brushed my pearly whites. It was only 6:29AM so I went down and turned on American Horror Story. Megan came in with her damp hair braided and flopped down beside me.

"I have cramps." She complained. "Me too." I agreed. Thanks to her still not accepting or rejecting me, we're stuck with this 'heat' and I feel everything that she feels. Megan was wearing fake glasses, a black and white striped beanie, black jeans and a black shirt with a picture of Jack and Sally on the cliff. Her phone case was Nightmare Before Christmas themed and her makeup was her basic thick eyeliner wing and mascara but she also wore black lipstick today.

Kinda gothy. Kinda hot as hell.

She curled into my side and I put my arm around her. "It hurts 10 times worse than period cramps." She whined. She started stretching and sitting in weird positions trying to get rid of the aching feeling. We sat together in pain until around 7:55AM when we decided to leave for school. The four of us went into Drew's Dodge Ram and started our trip. 

"You two should take us to get our belly buttons pierced after school." Kit stated bluntly. "Mom would shoot you-" I started, "Mom is fine with it." She countered. "Okay well what about Mega-" "They're okay with me getting it pierced." Dang. "Fine." Now we have to take those two to get stabbed with a needle after school. 

School was pretty irrelevant today seeings how we had an assembly during the first two periods and a talent show during the last two. We all would've dipped but Kit and I were singing Human by Christina Perri. It went alphabetically so it took a little while before Kit and I got the stage. I'm so nervous for this. Are we going to just embarrass ourselves?

Kit started the song, 

"I can hold my breath,

I can bite my tongue."

I breathed in.

"I can stay away for days if that's what you want.

Be your number one."

Kit grabbed my hand to reassure me and suddenly I felt like I could do this. We finished our song and then walked happily off the stage. The only reason we did it was because Mrs. Taylor, our Art teacher, told us to. Now that we could finally leave we went to our lockers and met around Math class. Drew was running through the halls with his arms wide, Kit eyeing him from behind. "SOARING! FLYING!" He sang loudly.

"You know how that ended last time, Blondie!" Megan yelled, running after him. "I WILL MASTER THIS FLYING THING ONE DAY!" Drew screeched. Kit reached out and grabbed Megan as she passed us. "Hold up. I wanna see how this ends." Kit spoke with a sinister smirk. Drew found the nearest exit door and ran into it, trying to push it open. Do you know how hard it is to push open a pull door? Drew smashed into it and fell backwards onto the cold, wet floor.

I drove us to Skin Graffix in Drew's truck so that the girls could finally get poked with needles. I went in the room with Megan purely because I wanted to see how this biz is done. She laid down on the table and he lifted her shirt up past her belly button before grabbing a Q-tip and some cleaning fluid. He cleaned her belly button with the stuff and then he marked two dots on the top and bottom of her belly button.

He put these scissor looking these that were apparently clamps and pinched the area with them. He put the needle through from the bottom dot and it came out through the top one. The jewelry went in through the needle and then he screwed on the lime green balls. She was told how to clean it and what not to do for a good 6-8 weeks and then we swapped with Kit and Drew after paying. 

Homework was completed and we started our normal routine of watching movies. Megan and I shared a heating blanket in hopes of soothing the all over body cramps and aches. I stood up to go get more snacks and Megan asked a random question that I assume came from looking at my shirtless body. "Gray?" "Yeah?"

"Why roses?" I stopped and looked at her. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Why roses? Why not something manly?" She wondered and I chuckled. "Because roses have different meanings." "Yours are just outlined and shaded in black. What does that mean?" She asked semi-sarcastically. "Black roses are like death. Rebirth. Stuff like that." She said 'oh' and I got some popcorn and made it in the microwave.

After the movie was over Megan was fast asleep on the couch so I carried her to her room and tucked her in. I kissed her forehead lightly, "Goodnight Megs." She opened her eyes and groaned. "Take me with you." Upon her request I picked her back up and carried her to my bedroom. I held her tightly in my arms and fell asleep.