Chapter Five

Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed.

• Grayson's pøv •

I awoke to the most annoying sound ever; my alarm. I fumbled to grab my iPhone and shut off the incessant noise. Once I killed it I whispered to my phone - "You jealous whore. Always trying to break up me and my bed." It was around 7:00AM so I got up for a shower before school. Afterwards I put on grey sweatpants and a white V-neck.

My mom was downstairs cooking breakfast for our fairly big family. We have my dad, mom, Kit, me, Shawn, Christina, and Joey. Plus the 'adopted' ones aka Megan and Drew. I helped her by buttering a buttload of toast and then going to wake the six kids. Megan and Drew stayed on the main floor so I just walked by and yelled at them that breakfast was ready.

First I woke up the black haired, mint green eyed 7 year old known as Joey, followed my the utterly "unique" 9 year old Christina, finished with the contortionist Shawn. I waltzed into his room and he looked like he was having a flipping exorcism the way he was laying down. I tilted my head on an angle, looking at his body, "I didn't know 12 year olds could bend like that..." I whispered. He was the spitting image of our father, ink black hair, electric blue eyes and all those other jazzy things except my dad was 35 and Shawn was only 12. I moved closer to my possessed brother, and flicked him in the forehead.

His eyes fluttered open, "I'm awake mom!" He called out worried. "It's just me kiddo. Breakfast is ready." "Kay," he climbed out of bed and left me in his room. I ran to Kit's room and burst in. You know, I really should knock. She could have been in the nude or something. Ew. 

"Time for breakfast Kitty." She poked her tongue out at me and then we went down together for our family breakfast.. plus Megan and Drew. Drew was wearing khaki pants, a grey shirt with a red pocket and red sleeves and his hair was lookin like 2010 Justin Bieber has bleached his hair.

Megan had bouncy brown waves and her makeup was a thin wing with other eyeliner and mascara. She wore black tights with black shorts that had gold spikes protruding from the front left side, and a black crop top that had 'I just love that you're dead inside' written in gold on the front.

Kit was wearing light pink skinny jeans, brown leather boots and a red off the shoulder top. She was wearing a black and white letterman jacket with a red KM on the right side of the chest. She had virtually the same makeup as Megs, and her hair was in some weird fish braid. I think she told me once that it was a fishhead? No.. Fishtail? I think that's it.

We headed out to school in Megan's black 09 Dodge Challenger.

"I've been hanging out with girls too much if I can describe them like that." I thought to myself.

Megan was sitting in front of me in History, scribbling some words on a piece of lined paper. Then she put it in her binder. Or at least she tried to because it fell on the floor and the air pushed it back to me.

In her neat and feminine writing the note read:

"Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed.

Sincerely,

Megan Black."

I tapped her shoulder and she turned around so I gave her the note and she rolled her eyes at me jokingly; I smirked in return.

Just a few days until my birthday. Until I find my mate.

3 more days.