Chapter Fifteen

Life's a bitch. So learn how to fuck it.

• Grayson's pøv •

14 days later. March 13th. 7:30PM

I have been avoiding Megan all day because it's her birthday and this is kinda like a big cinematic reveal. I know she's my mate but who knows if I'm hers? She could have two mates or something outrageous.

We've been trying this whole couple thing but it's not exactly working out. We just act like we always do. Maybe that will change after today.

I got into the shower and washed my body and hair. I stepped out and wrapped the white towel around my waist before brushing my teeth and spraying myself with my Axe cologne and rolling on the matching deodorant before leaving my bathroom for clothes.

I pulled on black skinny jeans and went downstairs to get my chest painted just like Drew. When I reached the kitchen, my mom was painting on Drew with green paint and my little sister Christina was sitting there bored holding her head up with her fist. "Wanna paint me Chrissy?" She nodded and got right into putting blue paint in a bowl, grabbing a brush and putting designs on my shirtless body. The paint was cold against my warm skin and I shivered so she punched me. I raised my hands in surrender, "It's cold." I chuckled.

She looked over at mom to see she wasn't watching and her sassy 9 year old self flipped me the bird. I gasped jokingly and then just gave her the finger right back. Drew had on black skinny jeans like me and his blonde hair hung in his eyes just a bit. He needs a haircut. About 15 minutes later she said that I was done. Christina walked back to where she was sitting and put her head back on her fist.

Mom was finishing up the final touches on Drew so I looked at the clock to see it was 8:36PM. Kit came down the stairs just as I was about to call her.

Kit was wearing a dress that had the most confusing pattern on it which reached mid thigh and it had long sleeves that stopped perfectly at her wrists and her face was painted with numerous small dots with orange, green, pink, purple and even some blue I think. They were hard to see. She had on some simple winged eyeliner and mascara to finish off the look. Her hair was down in soft hazelnut waves and her nose ring was a simple white stud as opposed to her usual silver hoop.

"Let's go." I said. I pushed them out the door to mom's blue dodge so that I could drive us to Crawf's house. "Move your asses you two!" I rushed, pushing Drew into the car. Kit groaned, climbing into the car herself.

When we got to Emily and Crawford's I opened the door and helped myself to seeing if everything was ready.

Holy shit. They're actually here. Megan is going to freak about Oliver.

I ran into Emily and complimented her outfit. Emily had been wearing a neon green dress with shreds all over the chest and abdomen, revealing something black underneath. Her dress reached to mid thigh like Kit's; Em's hair was down but she had two small braids on either side of her head, totalling to four that were pulling some of her dark hair from her face. She had some neon paint on her lips as well as a fun yet simple pattern on her face. She had green lines and orange dots mimicking those lines as well as mascara, a thin line of eyeliner and I then took note of the small dots of orange paint covering the bridge of her nose.

Crawford made his way over to me and I smiled at him. "Thank you so much. For Kit and I's birthday and Megan's birthday. You're a great friend." He was wearing a white T-shirt with black jeans and he had some designs on his face. They were only on the left side of his face but the orange, blue and green somehow tied in with his facial features.

I knew that 9:30PM had rolled around because I could hear Bring Me The Horizon starting to play. What do I even do? I can't dance with any chicks cause they're all drunk and hoeing around and I'm supposed to be a good guy so that'd be wrong anyways and I'm not talking to Megan because I have to wait for the right time.

I don't know what she looks like. For all I know she's wearing black and watching me right now. Paranoid, I all of a sudden I started observing the room from what I could see to make sure that wasn't the case. This is so nerve wracking.

10:38PM

Bring Me The Horizon was playing their last song and they called Megan up to the stage. "Could the birthday girl come up here?" Slowly people moved, making a path and her dark black dress covered figure moved through the crowd to the stage. She walked up and hugged each member. Her dress had a smokey effect with purple, blue and an orange-pink colour with thick straps and it reached mid thigh. "Can uhhh... Grayson come up here?" He called for me; Megan leaned in to the mic. "Nope. He has been avoiding me all day and he doesn't want to be standing with me until later. It's "not the right time". Soooo, yeah." Half of her face was painted black with glow in the dark galaxy designs on it but the other side was extremely pale with pink to purple eyeshadow to tie in with the dress and the galaxy on her face. Her brown hair was straightened and she gave out a small smirk directed at me.

You little Devil.

"Never mind then. But you get to pick the last song we play seeings how it's your special day." Megan paused, thinking of all the possible songs. "Can You Feel My Heart." He nodded and leaned in to give her another hug. They began to play CYFMH and when the song was over, the band entertained Megan for a little while before they left the stage. 

11:26PM

I decided it was finally time to see if Megan wanted to be with me or not so I made my way to the stage. "Could Megan come to the stage? We have something to settle." The crowd sat still and Megan was nowhere to be seen. "C'mon you little Devil, where'd you go?" I called out.

The sea of people still didn't move in the way it should've. Fear struck in me. "Megan." I whispered before running of the stage to Drew. "Where's Kit?" I asked worriedly. "I don't know. She said she'd be back a few minutes ago and I was going to wait to find out the whole Mayson situation before going to find her."

I growled lightly at Drew for not keeping better watch of my sister. "Let's ask Crawford and Emily." The two of us moved around the party and worked our way all around the people looking for any of the four. I nodded at Drew so he went to the stage and called out for Crawford and Emily.

They didn't appear so he muttered into the mic. "I don't fucking believe it."