Chapter Thirteen

You can't be sad while you're holding a cupcake.

• Grayson's pøv •

14 days later. February 26th.

I rose from my slumber and stretched. I was already thinking of Megan and how good it would feel to have her in my room wearing nothing but my shirt. I'll break this down for you: If you can withstand the first two weeks of the heat and not accept or reject each other then you get a small break where everything is normal again. But then phase two hits you like a train - being immensely horny.

All the sexual frustration generally drives the mated pair to have sex which is an unspoken way of saying you accept each other. The Moon Goddess is kind of a dick. How we've managed to last two weeks without jumping each other's bones is beyond me.

But I mean it is our virginities we're talking about here.

Bring Me The Horizon was the only band who agreed to come do a private concert for us but me and Kit are not at all complaining. It's Megan's favourite band. Crawford offered to throw Megan's party at his house and now we just needed a theme. We were thinking glow in the dark seeings how that was oh so fun.

I took care of the things I needed to before I went downstairs to socialize. I ate peanut butter on toast and then went upstairs for a nice hot shower. When I got out I put on clean boxers, white straight cut jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. I rolled on my Axe deodorant and sprayed on my matching cologne. I went back downstairs making sure to avoid Megan and I ran into Drew's navy blue shirt clad chest. "Shoot, sorry." I mumbled before looking into his clear grey eyes.

He had on black skinny jeans and his hair was styled messily as per usual. "The girls wanna go shopping." He said. "But-" "Yeah we know. You and Megan can't be within a foot of each other without getting all hot and bothered. We have a plan for that. Kinda..." Kit came out and carried on Drew's sentence. "We're going to give you a small shot of aconitum. Not enough to injure you, just enough to subside your wolf half." She offered.

I looked at them like they were insane. "You want to inject me with a lethal thing just so that I don't try and have sex with Megan? That's cra-" "It's just a small dose, dad does it on kids whose wolves come in prematurely all the time! It's complet-" "It's wolfsbane!" I yelled. Suddenly my skin started to heat up and I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt the needle come out of my skin and I turned around to be face to face with Megan. 

The heat passed and I felt more normal but I most definitely felt the absence of my wolf spirit. I rolled my eyes and went to the car in silence. Megan and I haven't gotten closer like Kit and Drew - if anything we've grow further apart and become more sexual. Pretty much it. 

The drive to the mall was very silent but as soon as we got there and Megan spoke to me, I melted like putty in her hands. "I'm sorry Gray. Will you forgive me..?" I looked into her entrancing hazel eyes. I nodded silently and proceeded to follow her around like a lost puppy.

We were eating lunch and Drew being the person that he is found himself a cupcake. Him and Kit were having an 'argument'. "Wait a damn second! You'd kill me for food!?" Drew yelled at her. "Food is amazing so yes." Drew mumbled something before frowning. "Now I'm sad." I pointed at the cupcake in his hands, "You can't be sad while you're holding a cupcake." I teased. "Eat me Hasselhoff." Drew retorted. I laughed, taking a bite from my sub. Our day was pretty easy going and I progressively forgave everyone for drugging me.

We were in our dining hall with the whole 203 people of our pack. We were all sat in groups of 20 or so - excluding my family who sat at a different table - for an important announcement from my father. This was the first meeting where Megan and Drew sat up front at our table now that they were declared our mates. We haven't had a pack meeting in a while; no danger.

My dad cleared his throat and the room instantly went silent. Yeah, I don't think I'll have the power to do that.. "I would like to address the upcoming threat to this pack. As you all know my brother tried to terrorize two packs 18 years ago but was unsuccessful. Although he failed and got away from me, rumour has it that he is back near the area for revenge and has someone working for him on the inside." Chatter started throughout the room with people denying the possibility of one of them being a traitor.

My dad has another brother? I thought it was just him and Uncle Di. "Everyone relax. I believe that all of you are trustworthy but I know that in the past couple months there have been numerous people move to this town." We all stopped talking and tuned our attention back to my dad. "Chase no longer has his wolf spirit, I made sure of that when I was protecting my two babies and wife 18 years ago but he is still dangerous. Only 17 people live in this house, excluding my family, so everyone else needs to be careful and watch out for their family."

As if school wasn't stressful enough. 

After dinner I was with Megan trying to calm my nerves. She touched my face and I sucked in a sharp breath to which she moved closer. I used all the strength I had to pull away from the high her skin on mine gave me. "You don't want to start that." I whispered. "But maybe I do." I bit my lip. "Maybe isn't a good answer." She pressed her lips to mine before I could stop her. 

"Is that a good answer?" She gave me a little shove so that my back was flat against my mattress. I swallowed hard. "Do you want this or not?" She asked with her hands toying with the bottom of my shirt. Megan's hands stilled and she awaited my answer. "What are you waiting for? Take it off baby girl." I sat up and she pulled it off. 

I unbuttoned her flannel and slipped it off her shoulders. She started to cover her body a little and I smirked, putting her beneath me. "There is nothin wrong with your body. You're perfect and I'll prove that to you." I kissed down her neck and she moaned my name.

This was going to be a fun night.