First Kiss

By the amazing Starryeyedboxes, whom I may or may not be accidentally stalking.

Jack pulled away, an anxious smile decorating his face. When Mark's eyes opened, he saw the nervous grin, his own smile faltering. With a quirked eyebrow, he ran a thumb over his high school boyfriend's pale cheek.
"What's that look for?" He questioned, his own thoughts clouding with worry.
Did Jack not feel the same spark he did? Did Jack realize that he didn't want to kiss Mark back as badly as Mark wanted to kiss him?
"Nothing," he muttered, slightly turning away from Mark's thumb and grabbing the couch pillow to grasp in his lap while the man sporting glasses dropped his hand by his side. "You're just being a silly."
Mark moved closer, his heart practically in his throat. "Jack, tell me. What's wrong? I know this was our first kiss and all, but-"
"Well," he interrupted before chewing on his bottom lip thoughtfully. "That's exactly my problem."
"What is?"
"That... it was my first kiss."
There was a moment of realization that washed over Mark, and soon enough, his cheeks warmed up incredibly fast. He had no clue that Jack had never kissed anyone, and when he met those blue eyes he had grown familiar with, he saw the nervousness clouded within them. His heart sunk.
"Oh, I see," Mark cautiously said. "I didn't mean to take that away from you if you weren't ready-"
"No!" Jack interjected for the second time that night. "No, that's not the problem. I just... I know you've kissed others, and I know I probably seem bad in comparison since I don't exactly have practice..." He trailed off.
But the only response Mark could manage was a loud round of laughter, although he so desperately tried to contain it. He watched the shame wash over his boyfriend, but he held a hand up as he attempted to control his giggles and hiccups.
When he was finally calm, and by the time Jack looked like he was about to cry of embarrassment, Mark simply took his face in his hands and pressed another tender kiss to those lips he found himself wanting to memorize.
"Jack, that's nothing to be worried about, you goof," Mark informed once they pulled away and his Irish lover stared with a gawking expression. "This isn't a game of experience. I'll have you know that I love the way your lips feel against mine." He pressed another to enforce his point. "They've fit better than anyone else, alright?"
When Mark patted Jack's cheek lightly, the young man with bright blue eyes couldn't help but grin happily as this time, he was the first to lean in again.