Pancakes

By markiboss

As Mark groggily opened his eyes and registered his sleeping lover next to him, he decided that Jack looked the cutest asleep.
His hair was tousled and stuck up in every which way, his face was half hidden behind the pillow he lay on, and he even had a small smile in his sleep. The blanket had fallen just above his waist, his bare back revealed. The sight made Mark's chest tighten and a grin grow on his lips.
He lifted his hand and gently brushed the stray hairs away from Jack's face. Then, not able to held him, he carded his fingers through his boyfriend's short hair.
The movement jostled Jack, and Mark watched as his eyes scrunched up a moment before they blinked open. Jack smiled when he met Mark's eyes.
"'Mornin'," Jack said, voice hoarse from sleep.
Mark, still running his fingers through Jack's hair, hummed. "Morning." He leaned forward to kiss him sweetly on the forehead. Jack was grinning when he pulled away.
"What was that for?" Jack asked.
Mark followed with another peck on his nose. "Do I need to reason to kiss you?"
"There's always a reason."
Mark hummed as he finally met Jack's lips with his own. "Well, there's that I love you." Another kiss. "You're adorable in the morning." Another. "And.... I want pancakes for breakfast."
Jack broke Mark's fourth kiss with a startled laugh. "And here I thought you were going somewhere sweet."
"Hey, I was!" Mark protested. He kissed just under Jack's jaw. "I'm just hungry."
"Well, if you want pancakes, we're gonna have to get up."
Mark protested by moving so he was laying on top of Jack, his head on his chest. Jack grunted and raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend.
"I can't make pancakes if you're on top of me," Jack pointed out. "So you'll have to get off of me."
"No, I won't get off of you," Mark argued, pressing a light kiss to Jack's chest. "You have to cutest bellybutton I've ever seen." As if to prove his statement, Mark ran a hand over Jack's stomach where his bellybutton was, just above the waistband of his pajama pants.
Jack shivered at the contact. He breathed out a laugh. "Do you want pancakes or not?"
Mark nuzzled his face into Jack's neck. When he spoke, it came out muffled. "...Yes."
"Then you need to get off me," Jack said, though it didn't seem like he was in much of a rush as he dragged his fingers lightly down Mark's back.
Mark didn't move for a moment, deciding if he should keep being stubborn or finally move. Settling on a choice, he kissed Jack's neck before sitting up.
He didn't move far, though. Instead, he kept his hands planted on either side of Jack's head and admired his boyfriend's appearance, a fond smile creeping onto his lips.
Jack stared back, but the longer Mark kept watching him, he began to squirm and dart his eyes away. Mark's smile only grew, and he was still smiling when he swooped down to press their lips together again.
This kiss lasted longer than the others, but was just as sweet and chaste. When they pulled away, both were smiling and blushing.
"Okay.." Mark said lowly. He leaned in close to Jack's face. Then he kissed his nose. "Pancake time!"
Then he rolled off the bed and darted out of the room. Mark could hear Jack laughing behind him.
"You're a fucking child!" Jack called after him. But when he appeared a moment later, sliding on a t-shirt, he was grinning.