16/

Game doce

Shy's P.O.V

"Mum I really can't go to school today, I can't face anyone!" I told my mum shaking, my insides feeling like dough that was being kneaded and my body felt like a broken circuit.

"Sweetheart you have to, remember that the teachers will keep an eye on you and that nut job but don't let her get to you, anyway she won't be at school for a month darling. You can't let a stupid girl start spurring your anxiety again, you have to face it like you always have. Popular will help you when it gets bad darling plus we're all here. And you have the school counselor!" my mother told me and I shivered scared of the day ahead.

"Mum, I promise to go tomorrow and I will catch up on the work from today but can I stay home please. I just can't face school today. I'll go to the match tonight to watch James but please don't make me go to school!" I told my mum using my sad puppy dog eyes to try and win her over.

"Fine, but don't let her get to you!" my mum told me, and I nodded putting on some of 'Jake Buggs' songs on to soothe my mind as I closed my eyes immediately opening them as I got visions of me hitting the brick wall in slow motion. I kept thinking of all the blood surrounding me after I got knocked out until I was interrupted by a knock on the door and footsteps.

"Popular what are you doing here?" I asked him as I looked up after hearing my door open.

"I was coming to pick you up...I've been worried about you. What happened? And why do you have stitches on your forehead?" Popular asked me with concern lacing his voice and he looked angry or furious even.

"I'll tell you later...but go to school please, I can't talk about it right now!" I told him and he nodded understandably.

"But just answer this...did someone hurt you? because if someone lays a hand on you they will regret it!" Popular threatened, anger and concern sugar coating his voice.

"Just go okay I'm fine and stop acting like some jealous boyfriend!" I muttered, then realizing what I said I looked up to see his hurt face "Popular I-I didn't mean that" I told him, mentally face palming myself.

"It's fine, I'll go to school. I guess I'll see you later" he told me in a dull, hurt voice before he walked out the door and I just sat there completely and utterly taken aback by what just happened.

At the game..

Shy's P.O.V

I walked to my usual seat on the bleachers, my hands shaking , scared of the people around me and in general the surroundings. I waited anxiously for five minutes, my heat pounding till he finally showed up.

"Popular I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any of what I said I promise. It's just that I have been kind of confused lately and I'm scared of everything...of loosing you, of her, of college, just everything!" I told him and he smiled.

"It's fine, I'm scared too you know. What happened yesterday Shy? If only I took you to the game and you didn't walk you might have been fine" he told me looking extremely guilty even if he did nothing wrong.

"I..I was walking to the fields and on the way I took a short cut walking down an alley and I heard someone behind me and I'm guessing they were following me. I started walking faster until I felt two small hands with sharp nails grab my shoulders...I don't want to say who it is yet because I just want to have a minute to absorb what happened and you'll get s-so mad at them and blame it on yourself" I continued crying.

"It was a girl as you can tell by the description and she confronted me about staying away from you and about leaving you alone, she also said I'm taking something which is hers which I find ridiculous. I started panicking then she started threatening me using more violent threats which made me anxious and I ended up having a panic attack and collapsing..that's how I cut my head. I fell and cut it on a wall and completely blacked out but just before I did I felt a punch around my face and the girl knocked me out cold and when I woke up my leg was also battered and bruised so I'm guessing she kicked my leg several times" I told Popular shivering as I remember seeing blood trickle out my head before I was out cold along with the girls panicked yet pleased face as she stood there and watched me collapse till a man passed by and rang 999.

"Shy...I'm so sorry I didn't know. How long was you out for?" he asked as concerned and sadness shone in his eyes.

"Ten minutes. It isn't your fault, I want you to know that!" I told him and he nodded.

"When I see her I'm going to-" Popular started muttering in a angry and agitated tone.

"Don't, well not just yet. Please just hug me!" I told him and he smiled, sitting down and cradling me in his arms, and I felt snugly warm and safe, and all that anxiety washed away. After five minutes Popular took out a pen and wrote 'Popular' and handed it to me where I wrote 'Shy'. He then put today's date and hugged me again.

A/N 

Who do you think the 'she' is that Shy is on about?

Also you find out Shy and Popular's real names near the end of the book and Bradley is Shy's brother :) Please vote and comment if you want :)