Chapter 32

A/N: OMG!!!  Over 500 votes!!  Thank you so much, I never thought this story would make it this far!  Thank you for sticking with me while I sort out this laptop problem.  IDK how much longer I'm going to be home alone so here's the chapter:

"I will take you to him." I couldn't reply. My body was frozen, my mind was a haze. How could he be gone? He promised he would return to me!

"Tauriel, stay with the brothers, I'm going to take Mereniver to find Thorin." I felt Legolas pick me up in his arms and I felt him start to move. I couldn't do anything, I just stared into space. Legolas did his best to move fast without jostling me too much and within a few minutes, he laid me down beside Thorin's body. That brought me back to reality.

"NO! Nonononononononono!!!!!!!!!" I examined the wound in his stomach and winced. It would take a long time to heal. I looked up to his face. He had a giant gash on the right side of his head and his face was covered with grime and orc blood. The tears kept flowing, a single resurrection tear among them.

"Mereniver, if you want to bring him back, you will only get one shot at it. Let me help you." Legolas knelt down beside Thorin and lifted him up a bit, "Let me guide your face to where it needs to be." I nodded my approval. Legolas took my chin in his hand and gently pulled my face down to Thorin's mouth. When I strained my eyes looking down, I could see the tear on my left cheek. Legolas held me still for what seemed like forever but as soon as the tear dropped into his mouth, he released his grip on me. I let my body drop limply onto Thorin's body. I nestled my face into Thorin's neck, placed a hand on his chest and curled up into his side. I laid there for along time, long enough for Tauriel to carry the now-sleeping Fili and Kili back and place them on either side of us. One by one, the dwarves joined us by the bodies of the princes and the king. Balin knelt beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Mereniver. They're gone. You must accept that and move on."

"No!! They're not gone! I can feel they're heartbeats." Thorin's body had slowly heated back up to it's normal temperature, underscoring my statement, "Let me prove it to you!" I grabbed his hand and forced it down on Thorin's body. Balin gasped.

"How is this possible?"

"You should be able to guess but my tears can revive the dead, the only catch is that they're body has to heal their wounds first before they wake up. It also speeds up the process if the tears are fresh so Fili and Kili will take longer wake up than Thorin."

"So they are all alive but just sleeping?"

"Yeah, but I don't know how long it will take any of them, I can't even make a guess. All of their wounds are different, they were all dead for different amounts of time, and the tears weren't all fresh. The only thing I do know is that they will awaken sometime in the next two months."

"What?!" Many of the dwarves protested, "How will we know they are still alive."

"Everyone has a pulse on their neck, it's like their heartbeat. At the moment, they are all rather weak so we have to be extra careful with the bodies until they get stronger."

"Why not just use your blood to speed up the process?"

"No, I received a specific warning to not use both at once, they will cancel each other out, killing the victim beyond any hope. We have to wait so we have to get them into the mountain where they aren't in any danger of freezing."

"And how do you suggest we do that without disturbing their 'healing' wounds too much?" I rolled my eyes, I knew Dwalin would be the first one to lose it, he always was.

"I'll do that for you, all you guys have to do is make sure the way is clear for us to pass and lead me to somewhere I can lay them to rest." Without a word, they all walked off but Balin stayed by my side. He said nothing so I assumed he was going to stick closer to me. I fashioned three identical ice saucers and slipped the Durins onto them. I began to slowly make my way down the slopes the way I had come up but I soon discovered that coming up was much easier than it would be for me to go down, especially with precious cargo. After at least twenty minutes of slipping and dead ends, I made it down to the battlefield. I was instantly bombarded by dwarves, attacking me with questions and a few of them threatening me with weapons. The others were instantly by my side, pushing them away.