Chapter 48

Arwen was the easier of the two to find. She was in the library with her brothers reading.

"Mereniver! What can I do for you?"

"You can tell me whether or not you think this type of flower will go well with your dress." I gave the tulip to her.

"Wow." Elrohir commented, "That was very direct!"

"Is there anything wrong with that brother?" Elladan asked.

"Not at all, I was just surprised, normally she dances around asking for what she wants."

"Well, I think you'll find that I'm not the shy little girl you first met in Rivendell."

"Oh! Shots fired!" Came a voice behind us Wani squealed and ran to Fili. He picked her up by the waist and swung her around in a circle. They embraced and walked back over to us, hand in hand. I felt a pang of jealousy run through me, Thorin had never twirled me around like that and he probably never would. Heck, he hadn't even replied to my note!

"What's wrong auntie?" Fili asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Don't give me that, I know you better. You're lying. What's wrong?" Arwen saved me.

"Mereniver, I think this is a lovely pick. May I ask what Tauriel thinks?"

"In truth, I haven't asked her about it yet. Why do you want to know? Dis and Wani told me how much you two fought about you dress color."

"It wasn't so much the color but the design. Neither of us could agree. I'm sorry you had to hear about that."

"What did you end up agreeing on?"

"Neither of us got what we originally wanted, the seamstress combined our ideas."

"Well, that's good. Fili, any idea on where Kili and Tauriel night be?"

"Check the springs, I think she's trying to teach him how to swim."

"Really? He can't swim?"

"No dwarf born in the Blue Mountains can swim, there was no suitable place to learn."

"Ok. Thanks."

"Are you going to tell my why you're upset?"

"Sorry Fili."

"Oh well. I'll just go tell Thorin something's up."

"Fili wait!" But it was too late, he was gone and Wani sent me an apologetic look.

"Mereniver–"

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go find Tauriel." I stormed out of the room.

Fili's words were true, the couple was down in the springs and Tauriel was indeed trying to teach Kili how to swim but it obviously wasn't going very well. "No, Kili. Like this."

"Tauriel!"

"Do you want to learn how to swim?"

"Yes but-"

"Then you have to do it right."

"Tauriel!" I called, "I need you to take a look at something for me,"

"What?"

"This flower." She glanced at it briefly.

"What about it?"

"Do you think it would go well with your bridesmaid dress?" That got her attention and she came over to examine it more carefully.

"It looks lovely Mereniver, what does Arwen think of it?"