Chapter 5: Unexpected Visitor

"Where are those two love birds?" Camille asked Linus as she paced around the Stitchers lab. He briefly looked away from his computer and raised his bushy eyebrows at her.

"Camille, they went out to go investigate Dale's murder, and that could take hours. Knowing Kirsten, she's literally doesn't care about time." Linus said jokingly, "They'll be fine."

Camille scowled at him for a few moments, but her expression soon lifted.

"I guess you're right." she said punching him lightly on the arm.

"Right about what Miss Engelson?" Maggie whispered in her ear making Camille run into Linus's desk chair.

"Maggie, I thought I told you not to do that again!" Camille said rubbing her foot, "You made me stub my newly painted toes!"

"Oh, what a shame. Meanwhile, Kirsten and Cameron are still not back yet from their little get-together, and I expect that you are checking in on them?" Maggie said sternly, peering between the pair of them. Linus looked up at Camille, who was frantically fishing through her purse resting on her shoulder. She pulled out her phone and proudly showed Maggie the black screen.

"I've been checking regularly!" Camille said nervously through her fake smile. Maggie smirked at Camille and turned on her heels back towards her office on the second floor of the lab. Camille carefully watched Maggie with her obnoxious grin on her face until Maggie closed her office door.

Linus now couldn't contain his laughter and began to laugh at Camille's lame attempt at lying to Maggie.

"Seriously? I've been checking regularly?" Linus cackled mockingly. Camille stared daggers at Linus before grabbing his collar and yanking him out of his chair.

"I wouldn't say too much more Mamma's Boy, I've got a taser, and my hand may just 'slip.' You won't know what hit you." Camille said smirking darkly before releasing trembling Linus.

"See ya around!" She said brightly as she stalked towards the break room, leaving Linus shaking his head but smiling also.

She's so cute when she's angry.......

***

The sudden alarm of the stitch alert reverberated across the lab signaling the end of the refractory period. Maggie swung her office door open, clearly looking panicked.

"Where are Cameron and Kirsten?" She shouted to the Stitchers crew. Camille was sitting with her feet resting on Cameron's desk while Linus played with a miniature robot near his computer.

"Kirsten responded to my texts." Camille clarified while glancing at Linus, who was chuckling in his corner. She reached into her purse pretending to dig around for her taser, making him immediately look away from her sheepishly.

"Well find them from inside the lab, I will not allow more of my team disappear like they did. I should have never let them go!" Maggie said to herself angrily. Almost on cue, the elevator dinged, making everyone in the room jump with anxiety. Linus snapped his head around towards the elevator just as Camille rounded the corner.

"Oh thank goodness you......" Camille started but stopped abruptly. Linus squinted his eyes to make out a dark figure's face now swiftly walking towards them. Camille began to back away from the figure now slowly walking towards them. Maggie appeared next to Camille, clearly unaware of what happened.

"Camille, what is it?" Maggie then saw the cloaked figure and shouted to her crew, her voice cracking in the process.

"Everyone out of here now! Go!" Camille grabbed Linus's shirt and pulled them both up the steps towards the back exit of Maggie's personal office. They both turned to see Maggie backing into the Corpse Cassette, cornered by the mysterious stranger. Camille dug through her purse, grabbed her taser and sprinted down the steps towards the masked assailant. She took one step towards the attacker.

"Hey tough guy, I would watch out for that one, she's fiesty." she said pointing to Maggie. The assailant looked at Camille, then Maggie who then punched the figure in the stomach, leaving him sprawled on the floor.

"You punch nice Maggie! Now I want a raise if we survive this." Camille said as they and Linus made their way towards the back exit.

I promise that more parts will be posted soon! Who is this mysterious intruder? We'll find out soon!