Chapter Ten

Stuart

"Look at that view," Nick says from beside me, sitting on one of the fence posts as he looks out at the Golden Gate Bridge, the sun starting to rise over the horizon. "Come on, you're not gonna see that in your little four inch screen. You've gotta look up!"

A small smile comes to my face as I look to my right with my arms crossed, looking at the strawberry blonde beauty sitting at the picnic table with Billy and Neha.

"Yeah," I trail off, my eyes still glancing at the girl that has managed to gain more than just my interest.

Nick follows my eyes, a smirk coming to his face as he looks back at me, making me roll my eyes. "What?" I ask him, looking out at the water.

"You like her, don't ya, big boy?" he asks me, patting my back.

A scoff falls from my lips. "Sure I do, Nick. After just a few days of knowing her and several fights that I don't even remember what the hell most of them were about, I've managed to develop feelings for her," I say sarcastically before looking back at him.

He gives me a look. "Listen, Stew. I may be old, but I can still tell when a boy likes a girl. And you've got that look in your eye, boy. Oh, do you have it. You have a crush on this girl, Stuart. You know you do. So why don't you just admit it to yourself?"

I shake my head, looking down at the ground before looking back over the water, not answering him.

Nick sighs, deciding to change the subject. "Kay, buddy, you were an animal out there tonight," he tells me. Another scoff falls from my lips. "No, you were! Did you have a good time?"

My mind flashes back to the rain room with Holland and me. Her up against me. Us dancing. Our almost kiss.

"Hello, Stewie?"

I shake my head, looking back at Nick. I shrug. "Yeah, it was alright," I lie straight to his face, trying to be nonchalant.

He gives me a look. "It was alright? Why do you do that?"

"What do you mean? Do what?"

"Low ball me like that? Come on! I'm not gonna take away your cool guy card if you admit you give a shit about something or, God forbid, you had a great time!"

I send him a smirk before I look back at the bridge. I clear my throat. "Um, alright, it was fun."

"Stewie," he says like he's disappointed in me.

I look at him. "What?"

"Come on!"

"Alright, what? What do you want me to say? It was the best night of my life?"

"Only if it's true."

A sigh falls from my lips as I look out at the water shining from the city lights and the pending sunrise. A small smile comes to my lips as I look back at him. "Alright, it was the best night of my life," I say quietly.

He smiles back at me, holding out his fist. "My Noogler. Come here!"

"My Noogler," I say back, fist bumping him.

We're silent for a few moments, before he brings up the topic of Holland again. "Don't pretend that I didn't see you guys dancing in the rain room, Stewie. I saw all of it," he tells me.

I roll my eyes, avoiding his gaze. Gulping slightly, I say, "That? That was nothing." I try to sound convincing, but even I would believe me.

Now he scoffs. "Come on, Stuart. We just talked about this. I'm not gonna take away your cool guy rep if you admit that you actually care about something. Or, in this case, someone. I see the way you look at her. I saw the way you pushed her behind your back in the club during the fight. You care about her, Stewie."